Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Black stone. Where to buy in Michigan?

gmacgmac Posts: 1,809
Im hoping one of my Michigan Egg friends will be able to help me out. 
I have to go to Mason Michigan tomorrow for some meeting and I'm thinking of stopping somewhere and getting myself a late birthday present. But I don't know where to go for a black stone grill. I will cross at Port Huron and be headed through Flint and down to Okemos for the night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am sure they are easy to find but I don't have a clue where to look beyond Wal-mart. 

Thanks guys. 
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,388
    @Fred19Flintstone is over that way. 

I just noticed that my ace hardware has them.  

They are really everywhere.  Dicks sporting goods, Walmart,  cabelas,  I am on the west side of the state, but I think if I set out just to buy one, I could be out and back in 25-40 minutes. 

LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • gmacgmac Posts: 1,809
    Thanks @kl8ton I was meaning to tag @Fred19Flintstone and forgot so I appreciate it. I figured most places would likely have them. We don't have them across the border so I think this is the best option to grab one. 
    I know you don't.  I went to bbq galore or something like that in North Burlington. $450 or $550 for something similar!
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • gmac said:
    Thanks @kl8ton I was meaning to tag @Fred19Flintstone and forgot so I appreciate it. I figured most places would likely have them. We don't have them across the border so I think this is the best option to grab one. 
    I just stock checked the Walmart in Grand Blanc, MI for you.  They have a 36" in stock for $247.  They didn't have a 28".  I wish I could meet you for a beer, but I'm at deadline at work and don't have time to scratch my watch or wind my a$$.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Oh, I just checked the Burton Walmart and they show one.  The Burton Walmart is right off I-69 at the Belsay Road exit.
    Flint, Michigan
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,744
    247 is a good price. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,676
    Wal-Mart is about the best place these days. They're having some agreement with them lately. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • There is a Ace Hardware in Mason, Michigan
    gmac said:
    I just stock checked the Walmart in Grand Blanc, MI for you.  They have a 36" in stock for $247.  They didn't have a 28".  I wish I could meet you for a beer, but I'm at deadline at work and don't have time to scratch my watch or wind my a$$.
    Thanks a lot. That sounds like a pretty good price, even with the exchange. I am headed over this afternoon so I will check it out. 
    You should probably buy as many as you can carry and sell them once across the border!
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • StussStuss Posts: 75
    I hate to admit it……but Wal-Mart is your best option.   Especially this time of year
    Stuss said:
    I hate to admit it……but Wal-Mart is your best option.   Especially this time of year
    I agree on the "hate to admit it" part.  You may wish to shower after you get out of there.  My Ace hardware pricing on the 17" was the same as everywhere else.  ($75 or $79 I think).

LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Will a Blackstone operate on Canuck propane?
    Flint, Michigan
  • GymGym Posts: 346
    kl8ton said:
    You should probably buy as many as you can carry and sell them once across the border!
    Good idea. I have to wait till I go back next June to get one! 
    edited October 2017
    Will a Blackstone operate on Canuck propane?
    Well, I hope so because I just stopped at the Burton Wal-Mart. They had a few. It appears to be Wal-Marts policy to kick the **** out of them before they put them on the rack. 

And now there is one less on the shelf because it's now in the back of my truck. 
    Thanks @Fred19Flintstone and everyone for the advice. 
    gmac said:
    Will a Blackstone operate on Canuck propane?
    Well, I hope so because I just stopped at the Burton Wal-Mart. They had a few. It appears to be Wal-Marts policy to kick the **** out of them before they put them on the rack. 

And now there is one less on the shelf because it's now in the back of my truck. 
    Thanks @Fred19Flintstone and everyone for the advice. 
    Awesome!  Enjoy! 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    What do you have to do at customs/immigration? 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • I'm glad to be of service.  Enjoy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • kl8ton said:
      I hope it's not as bad as this.
    Flint, Michigan
    kl8ton said:
    When they ask if I have anything to declare I tell them I bought a BBQ. That's about it. Depends on how long I've been in the US and how much I spent. Not usually an issue. 
    gmac said:
    kl8ton said:
    When they ask if I have anything to declare I tell them I bought a BBQ. That's about it. Depends on how long I've been in the US and how much I spent. Not usually an issue. 
    Are you seasoning tonight? 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    kl8ton said:
    gmac said:
    kl8ton said:
    Are you seasoning tonight? 
    No. Still in the US. Won't be seasoning for a few days. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,793
    Merica 
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,386
    kl8ton said:
    Agree! I'd gladly buy one from you @gmac ; :)
    canuckland
  • kl8ton said:
    I would bring a new 36" Blackstone to you if you put my weight in Maple Leaf lump in my van.  Don't worry, I'm not much bigger than @Little Steven.
    Flint, Michigan
  • StussStuss Posts: 75
    Merica 
    Image result for 82nd airborne salute

kl8ton said:
    If your not in a rush I may be able to grab one another time I'm over. 
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,386
    Thanks, that's really kind of you, but I wouldn't want to impose on you.  I'm also way over my quota for new toys this year!
    canuckland
    kl8ton said:
    I would bring a new 36" Blackstone to you if you put my weight in Maple Leaf lump in my van.  Don't worry, I'm not much bigger than @Little Steven.
    If you decide to do this, get a big truck. Just picked up some MLL for fall (it gets harder to find in December).  
    Here's 70 lbs worth. I think @Fred19Flintstone is at least double this. 

• Just a smidgen more than that.  This is me taken during this summer's eclipse.

Flint, Michigan