Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer can chicken

Options
Hans61
Hans61 Posts: 3,901
Been a long time since I cooked a beer can chicken! It’s going to be a simple cook with no fancy sides, probably just some brown rice and a spinach salad.

Ive been on a diet, so Im cooking healthy for the most part :-) 

Rinsed, patted dry, sprayed canola oil and liberally applied an all purpose seasoning. Hickory chips and a few apple chunks. Cooking low 225-250, for the first 45-60min then will bump temp up to 350ish to crisp up the skin and finish.

I will post a few more pics when done cooking 
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• PoppasGrill
    Options
    Looks like a good start.
    i like to put a drip pan on top of conveggtor with veggies in it, so they cook in the chicken juices.
  • Hans61
    Options
    Looks like a good start.
    i like to put a drip pan on top of conveggtor with veggies in it, so they cook in the chicken juices.
    That sounds good, next time I’ll try it!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    Time to rest 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    It’s really juicy 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    Sweet potatoe spinach salad with low fat yogurt ranch and breast meat 

that’s a wrap 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Nice looking meal!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Looks great!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.