Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - New Orleans French Bread (Reisings)

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That settles it.  Next year "Brisket Camp" will be called "Brisket and Po-boy Camp".
    That means exactly two po-boys will be made, one of which will have a frozen french fry in it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    That settles it.  Next year "Brisket Camp" will be called "Brisket and Po-boy Camp".
    That is an idea I can get behind.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    If you get close, let me know and post the process.
    Won't even be trying. Never had the real deal bread in question so I have no idea what all the hoopla is all about.

How does it compare to a good Vietnamese baguette?

The bread is heaven.  I would rather have it than brisket.  Put a little butter on it, toast it, then ride the wave like a heroine high.
    "butter then toast it" - TIL I've been doing it wrong for decades.
    you can also coat just the crust with melted butter, add a rub, then toast it =) now i used to frequently get yelled at for toasting, then peanutbutter, then back in the toaster, i dont know why though as it was so good
    Double toasted PB&J is epic.  Peanut butter turns magical when toasted.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Won't even be trying. Never had the real deal bread in question so I have no idea what all the hoopla is all about.

The bread is heaven.  I would rather have it than brisket.  Put a little butter on it, toast it, then ride the wave like a heroine high.
    you can also coat just the crust with melted butter, add a rub, then toast it =) now i used to frequently get yelled at for toasting, then peanutbutter, then back in the toaster, i dont know why though as it was so good
    I have never tried this, now I must.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

it drips less if you lay the toaster on its side ;) put your plate in front for the landing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

it drips less if you lay the toaster on its side ;) put your plate in front for the landing
    I'll use the toaster oven and lay it flat for the second toast.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker