Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Garmin Connect, Nike+ Run Club, Strava?

Options
fence0407
fence0407 Posts: 2,236
Getting back into exercising (for the 1,000th time =) ) and wondered if anyone else uses one or more of those apps? A little friendly competition/motivation never hurt. Let me know how to add you on any of these if you'd like. Any other apps similar to those you just love?
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    I'm on Garmin Connect and use that to feed Strava.

No idea how to find my username on Garmin so here is todays bike ride, Im sure you can likely add me from there
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2130557984

I think this is how to find me on Strava
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/1377855

I have friends that use versions of Mapmy_______ and then connect those into Strava. 

For me I started with Garmin and even after smashing two different devices in crashes I stay with them.  I have ~11k miles tracked so far.  
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I use Run keeper and like it just fine. It switches between forms of exercise and I believe has GPS-Linkage behind the paywall.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    My wife uses her Garmin running watch for her half-marathons.....  wayyy out of my league.  I'm using a simple garmin analog-style watch to just track steps and sleep cycles.  Garmin app is pretty easy.  There are other apps that talk to the garmin if you want to track foods/nutritional macros.  If you want a suggestion, let me know and I'll ask my wife.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I do know that the Garmin Connect will let you "add friends" so you can do little competitions like number of steps/flights of stairs climbed.  My personal is the amount of sleep group that I was in a while back; I purposefully added some people who just had kids and one friend who just had twins..... 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• fence0407
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I'm on Garmin Connect and use that to feed Strava.

No idea how to find my username on Garmin so here is todays bike ride, Im sure you can likely add me from there
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2130557984

I think this is how to find me on Strava
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/1377855

I have friends that use versions of Mapmy_______ and then connect those into Strava. 

For me I started with Garmin and even after smashing two different devices in crashes I stay with them.  I have ~11k miles tracked so far.  
    Funny how you use Garmin - I do the same to feed Nike+ Run Club and Strava (first time using Strava was today). I will add you on both though. I love the Garmin watch that I've had for years now (Forerunner 305). It is a little bulky but takes care of the runs and bikes I do. Also have a Finis swim watch that I'll use occasionally. 
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    I use Run keeper and like it just fine. It switches between forms of exercise and I believe has GPS-Linkage behind the paywall.
    I'll have to check that one out. I've heard of it before but haven't tried it out - thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    My wife uses her Garmin running watch for her half-marathons.....  wayyy out of my league.  I'm using a simple garmin analog-style watch to just track steps and sleep cycles.  Garmin app is pretty easy.  There are other apps that talk to the garmin if you want to track foods/nutritional macros.  If you want a suggestion, let me know and I'll ask my wife.
    Half marathons are out of my league as well! I have my Garmin account connected to a few different apps that it feeds. I'm in the camp that thinks Garmin makes a solid product all around. 
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    That's an interesting article thanks for sharing. I think they have some valid points in it. I like to do my research before trying any sort of new training program and usually adjust them to fit my level of fitness etc.
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    I do know that the Garmin Connect will let you "add friends" so you can do little competitions like number of steps/flights of stairs climbed.  My personal is the amount of sleep group that I was in a while back; I purposefully added some people who just had kids and one friend who just had twins..... 
    That is awesome haha!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    @xfire_ATX I added you on Garmin and Strava.
    Cumming, GA  

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    I got them- I want to ride where its flat like that... 
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • fence0407
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    fence0407 said:
    I got them- I want to ride where its flat like that... 
    It's on a greenway so it is very flat for Georgia standards. I'm not a big fan of riding on the main roads either so it works out.
    Cumming, GA  

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    I use a Garmin D2Bravo, does fitness tracking with connect and use My Fitness Pal. Great watch, and results.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    +1 for Garmin and Strava. I've had about 6 Garmin watches - their customer service is fantastic. Garmin Connect provides pretty detailed analysis if you are into that sort of thint. Strava provides much better 'sharing and comparing' and is easily connected to Garmin.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • fence0407
    Options
    @Aviator @CarolinaCrazy ya'll feel free to add me on Garmin Connect if you'd like!
    Cumming, GA  

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My buddy and I just used the Fitbit App to have our weekly competitions last summer.

Then he found out I was putting mine on my dog's leg and throwing the ball with him at the park. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN