Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dizzy Pig Mad Max Turkey Seasoning

Anybody tried this rub - I just received an email from Dizzy Pig promoting it and thought I might order some.
Memphis, TN 

Comments

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,669
    Yes, it does the job very well.
  • bodskibodski Posts: 462
    Used it on a Thanksgiving bird last year and it was very good. Have also used it on pork and chicken since, which was also very good. Nice hint of sage.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• AcnAcn Posts: 2,547
    It is one of my favorites, will have to pick up another bottle and take advantage of the free shipping.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• I picked up a jar with my last DP order and it did not disappoint. Did a turkey breast the day after it came and it made the place smell like thanksgiving.  
    Southwestern CT
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,539
    It’s one of the best rubs I’ve ever used. Phenomenal!
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,909
    The Mad Max turkey method is a long time favorite amongst eggers.  Max works(ed?) for Dizzy Pig and worked with them to develop this blend.  Used it last year and was very happy.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SundazesSundazes Posts: 306
    I was at my local BGE dealer yesterday and saw it. Picked up a bottle. I have been a long time Mad Max turkey fan. 
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,806
    Another fan of that rub here. Smoked a turkey breast last year for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. I'll be using that rub again this year for the same thing. GET IT!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17"
    Cumming, GA  

• FockerFocker Posts: 8,287
    edited October 2017
    Agreed.
    In my top 3 from DP.
    1. RR
    2. PH
    3. MMT
    Cured, rubbed, and cherry smoked wild turkey was fantastic.  Need to spin a bird with it.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Got a bottle with my order today. Anxious to try it.