Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Butcher Shop DFW metroplex

LarrycgLarrycg Posts: 47
edited October 2017 in Off Topic
Ok y'all,  SWMBO and I are moving soon from the North Carolina coast  to the Dallas Fort Worth area ... will probably be living up north of 820 somewhere between Keller and Denton.

For the last 3 years I have had the best fresh seafood you will find anywhere. With the Move to Texas I'm hoping to have the best fresh beef you will find anywhere. So, I'm looking for recomendations. What is the best Butcher Shop/Meat Market in the area?

Comments

• LDRLDR Posts: 376

In case you're not aware, the Ceramic Grill Store is located in Denton.  I'd wager they can help you out.
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

• LarrycgLarrycg Posts: 47
    LDR said:

In case you're not aware, the Ceramic Grill Store is located in Denton.  I'd wager they can help you out.
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

Yup.. going out there in a few weeks for a house hunting trip, one my first stops is going to be the CGS to finally meet @tjv in person. And one of the requirements for the house is going to be distance to CGS.  =) 
  • chays99chays99 Posts: 39
    Matador Meat and Wine in Plano is great

Rudolph’s in Deep Ellum has been around for over 100 years and never disappoints. 

Deep Cuts is new and seems to be getting high marks. I haven’t been yet.  
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,721
    welcome to big D....denton county that is.....

keller folks will hit central market (Heb) or costco in southlake.  for an actual meat market you'll have to hit the roads: Fischers and Hess' in Muenster. new one in Decatur (forget the name), Ole town in Lewisville, Dans in Denton, Local Yocal in Mckinney and Country Meat Market in East Fort Worth.  

stop by when you can, we are usually around.  t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,226
    If nothing else you'll like heb. They're awesome. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • Welcome to the neighborhood!  Tom had some good recommendations above, I'll second those.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • I'll reiterate @chays99, Rudolph's in Deep Ellum is the best in Dallas but it's a run from the area you are looking to move. A few other's to look into: Kuby's, Burgundy's and David's Meat Market. 
    LBGE 
    Dallas, TX
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,025
     Rudolph's in Deep Ellum is the best in Dallas 
    Sorry....had to do it.

Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• Matador, Rudolph's. Costco is awesome and everywhere.
    XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• Dan's Meat market in Denton TX has always been good to me.