Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters Rockefeller.

Options

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Looks great, just curious, why the salt?  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yeah I'm with @RedSkip. What's with the salt I don't know about??

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @kweitz ....a beautiful job there my friend. Down right gawjus!

Fellow fellows fellows..(@killit_and_Grillit: @RedSkip )....you must live inland and away from the coast. Pay attention now. The salt provides a nice pillow for the oysters so you can keep them level and all your goop doesn't fall out. Salt will not burn either.....One of mine from last year. Just funnin with you guys.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    I'm guessing so they don't topple over.

looks good!!!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @northGAcock If hurricane season keeps up the way it's been this year I may have Ocean front property by 2020. 

Thats fascinating stuff. My buddy's wife wanted me to make oysters and beef ribs tomorrow for her birthday. I'm gonna give this a try. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    @northGAcock If hurricane season keeps up the way it's been this year I may have Ocean front property by 2020. 

Thats fascinating stuff. My buddy's wife wanted me to make oysters and beef ribs tomorrow for her birthday. I'm gonna give this a try. 
    We need to get together and do some this fall / winter. Interested in hearing from OP kweitz his methodology. I purchased Herbsaint a couple of years ago to make mine. Spinach and watercress with a rue. It is the Nawlins way so they say. It is found in the licker side of the store....and ain't cheap. Good news, you don't use much, it doesn't evaporate and holds a long time.

• TideEggHead
    Options
    Looks good brother! I was just thinking about doing some oysters beinville this week!  
    LBGE
    AL
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Outstanding!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    @northGAcock I used a simple recipe online.  Next time I will step it up with the Pernod and watercress. These were pretty good though. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    This recipe: https://nomenu.com/?p=2961 is pretty good.  It uses fennel for the anise.  I prefer a little more so I would add some Herbsaint (or Pernod, or Absinthe) but overall a good recipe.

NOLA
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @northGAcock. Thanks for the info, makes sense for balancing the oysters, never would have thought to use salt.  And yes, I'm an inland Yankee, guess I stood out like a sore thumb.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Awesome. Love me some oysters. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Beautiful. Makes me miss Louisiana 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • northGAcock
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @northGAcock. Thanks for the info, makes sense for balancing the oysters, never would have thought to use salt.  And yes, I'm an inland Yankee, guess I stood out like a sore thumb.
    Rock salt....its not just for ice cream churns.  :)

• northGAcock
    Options
    kweitz said:
    @northGAcock I used a simple recipe online.  Next time I will step it up with the Pernod and watercress. These were pretty good though. 
    Good stuff.....