Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just Baby Backs and Taters

I had a rack of loin ribs in the freezer left over from a cook a few weeks back and I decided to cook them along with a new potato recipe that I plan on using next weekend when my kids and grand kids are in Tulsa for a visit.  I seldom foil my ribs before completion, but I was running short on time today so I wrapped them in foil and stuck them back on the Small for the last hour. 

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK

Comments

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,332
    Mighty fine looking plate of food. Dang!
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,127
    Those are REALLY pretty ribs!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,005
    Nice meaty ribs. Great looking plate my man.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Great looking ribs... tell us about this potato recipe......
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,522
    Ditto the above comments!
  • Hawg Fan.. so.. what u think about foiling.. moister..
    And those 'baby's look like St Louis cut.. the big curve and 'big' meat.. look mighty fine..
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,522
    docbdm said:
    Hawg Fan.. so.. what u think about foiling.. moister..
    And those 'baby's look like St Louis cut.. the big curve and 'big' meat.. look mighty fine..
    Stl cut have flatter bones as they come from lower on the rib cage. These were likely labeled loin back fibs as they are BB's with some extra loin meat left on them. My personal preference as well. 
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,463
    Great looking ribs... tell us about this potato recipe......
    The potato dish is a hash brown casserole that I baked in an individual brownie pan.  That creates a lot more crispy surface.  Just Google hash brown casserole and you'll get a lot of recipes.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK