Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Balsamic Garlic pork tenderloin

Options
This is so good. The recipe can be found at:
 https://www.101cookingfortwo.com/grilled-balsamic-garlic-pork-tenderloin/

I make a few changes. I sprinkle a little Kosher salt on the tenderloin, wrapped it in wax paper and plastic wrap for at least 12 hours before cooking (dry brine). After 12, I unwrap it and put it in another plastic bag.Then I add the olive oil , balsamic vinegar( 1 TBS of each) and garlic. The vinegar I use is the expensive aged stuff. You can use 2 crushed cloves of garlic or 2 tsp of minced garlic, which is what I did this time. Let the tenderloin sit in that mix for at least an hour. Heat you egg to 400 to 500 deg F direct. Pull the tenderloin out of the bag and put on the grill, don't rince.Turn every 4 min for about 20 min.Check it looking for a temperature of 145 . Let it rest for 5 minuets We had it with some spiced peaches and a salad. This was a 1.4 lb tenderloin, dinner for two plus lunch for one. I think the key to making this taste so good it the dry brine which keeps it moist and the really good vinegar.

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sounds and looks delicious!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    ^^^ what he said
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    That looks and sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Love pork tenderloin... this sounds delicious!! Thanks for posting.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut