Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fat Willie's ABT's

billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,523
edited September 2017 in EggHead Forum
Serving size: 2 sober people or 1 drunk man watching football

get about a dozen nice size jalapenos
 - cut the tops off them 
 - core them and save the seeds if you want added spice
1 Pack of Philly cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter 
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 lb of spicy ground sausage

in a sauce pan, slowly simmer the cream cheese, butter, and heavy cream 

In a skillet, brown your spicy sausage adding jalapeno seeds to added flavor

Once the cream cheese, butter , and heavy cream have incorporated, throw in the sausage and continue to mix the sausage in.

I use a bakers piping bag with a wide tip to pipe the slurry into the hollowed out jalapenos.

On the egg between 325 and 350 until the edges of the peppers start to char

I have a silicone egg pad that I use to "prop" up the jala's so the goodness does not drip out.

Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Holy Moly!  Sausage, plus cream cheese plus BUTTER plus HEAVY CREAM???  I bet those suckers are GOOD!  Of course, my doctor might have a heart attack just hearing about it...  ;)
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Theophan said:
    Holy Moly!  Sausage, plus cream cheese plus BUTTER plus HEAVY CREAM???  I bet those suckers are GOOD!  Of course, my doctor might have a heart attack just hearing about it...  ;)
    Hey, there's more old eggers than there are old Doctors.....So Egg on

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited September 2017
    Theophan said:
    Never said they were for someone on a diet...

+ Anything Skinny Willie just doesn't sound as good

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    billt01 said:
    Never said they were for someone on a diet...

+ Anything Skinny Willie just doesn't sound as good
    I had one of those one-frame cartoons on my fridge, years ago, don't know what happened to it, and it was a lot funnier than this will sound, it was all in hot it was written, but the gist of it was a chef was saying he had a special procedure for low-fat cooking: he threw it in the trash!

Yeah, I'm there.  I'm no dieter, anymore.  I think if I'd never gone on diet after diet, over the years, I'd be thinner today...

I wasn't complaining -- just amazed!  :)