Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 17"

Options
Since y'all are such experts on everything cooking related.  I'm thinking about getting a 17" Blackstone for my camper.  On the camper I have a low pressure propane quick connect at the back of the camper where I do most of my cooking.  I'd like to remove the regulator in the blackstone and connect it to the onboard propane.  Has anyone done this?

I've removed the regulator on my Weber Q, and it works great like that, and I'm hoping to add a T and do the same with the blackstone.  And I know it's blasphemy to mention the Weber Q, I'm hoping to upgrade it to a Mini Max :)

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    should work fine, you would only be able to use one at a time i think
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Nope.  Come to think of it, the grill that hooks into it, and the rail, is brand new, never used. =)

I prefer to run the 17 BS separate, with a braided adapter for a 20lber.  All fires, and the grease splatter/mess that comes with the BS, are kept at a safe distance.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Wowens
    Wowens Posts: 115
    Options
    should work fine, you would only be able to use one at a time i think
    Do you think there would not be enough gas flow through the lines?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    im not really sure, im assuming you are only using one regulator but that was just an assumption. sounds like you're using a pipe thread fitting so its just a matter of finding the right hose connections
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Wowens
    Wowens Posts: 115
    Options
    Focker said:
    Thank!!!!  That is exactly what I needed!  I googled and looked last night, but never found that thread.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    @Focker is that an ion speaker I see? Are you happy with it? I'm Looking for something similar
  • Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gym said:
    @Focker is that an ion speaker I see? Are you happy with it? I'm Looking for something similar
    I've had the last two Gens of the Ion.  First one wouldn't hold a charge after two years, second one bluetooth wouldn't connect after one year.  Sam's gave me a full refund each time, and I upgraded for about $50 to Monster's Rockin Roller III. It is solid so far, more weather resistant.  I have left it out in a shower.  Floss sold me on it, Rah!
    https://youtu.be/H4VoChHbZrM

My brother just bought the Ion Explorer, and it sounds great, has a color changing LED strip.  

The only slight gripe I have no NOAA override, and having to shut off each time it is powered on by pushing in the volume knob.  It sirens really loud and the LEDs flash if there is any type of warning nearby.  Went off twice at the Drive-In before I figured it out.  

If you are considering options, go to Sam's Club and play around with each.  You really can't go wrong with Monster or Ion.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Focker said:
    Gym said:
    I've had the last two Gens of the Ion.  First one wouldn't hold a charge after two years, second one bluetooth wouldn't connect after one year.  Sam's gave me a full refund each time, and I upgraded for about $50 to Monster's Rockin Roller III. It is solid so far, more weather resistant.  I have left it out in a shower.  Floss sold me on it, Rah!
    https://youtu.be/H4VoChHbZrM

My brother just bought the Ion Explorer, and it sounds great, has a color changing LED strip.  

The only slight gripe I have no NOAA override, and having to shut off each time it is powered on by pushing in the volume knob.  It sirens really loud and the LEDs flash if there is any type of warning nearby.  Went off twice at the Drive-In before I figured it out.  

If you are considering options, go to Sam's Club and play around with each.  You really can't go wrong with Monster or Ion.
    I've never looked at the monster. I'll take a look. Thanks for the input.