Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stuffed Peppers

Made some ground turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers this afternoon.  This might be one of my favorite dishes I have ever made on the egg! 
LBGE
Oakland, ME

Comments

• HibbyHibby Posts: 605
    Not a big fan of ground turkey but those look good.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,295
    Very nice - stuffed peppers are my fav.
    Austin, TX
  • 500500 Posts: 2,735
    Very nice but the boss would not let use the Pyrex in the Egg. I'd have to go direct on the grate. 
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • @500 - wrap your Pyrex in foil and no worries 

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,600
    Stuffed peppers are always nice. Yours look delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GregWGregW Posts: 1,734
    Looks great. Did you precook the meat before stuffing the peppers? That's the way I make mine.

I took a chance and bought some stuffed peppers from Costco last weekend. The meat was not precooked. They were the nastiest things I have ever bought at Costco.

Again, your peppers look really good.

Birmingham, AL
  • Yes, precooked the meat and cooked indirect at 350 for 45 minutes.
    LBGE
    Oakland, ME
  • Those look great!
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
    Is it necessary to have them in the dish?  My thought is they would get soggy. I want to try them in the Egg. Haven't done them in a long time; pre-Egg. 
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,682
    Making these tomorrow night- we love adding a little spaghetti sauce to the top of these while cooking-

great looking meal 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Those look great and so does your view from the egg. 
    Snellville, GA

500 said:
    Is it necessary to have them in the dish?  My thought is they would get soggy. I want to try them in the Egg. Haven't done them in a long time; pre-Egg. 
    I usually put the peppers on a flat thin metal pizza baking plate. That way the thin layer of ketchup I paint on the sides of the peppers has a chance to brown. I also blanch the peppers before stuffing. 
    Birmingham, AL
    Wolfpack said:
    Making these tomorrow night- we love adding a little spaghetti sauce to the top of these while cooking-

great looking meal 
    I've never used spaghetti sauce on top, but that sounds good.
    I put a layer of shredded cheese on top and paint the cheese with ketchup. Not a high brow sophisticated dish the way I make them, but they are very tasty. 
    Birmingham, AL
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,295
    Try burying some cheese in the middle of the stuffing, a few of the small mozzarella balls or couple of cubes of pepper jack or something.
    Austin, TX
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,074
    Nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Looks great. Mind sharing your basic recipe?
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
    Thanks for the tips. Want to make this but SWMBO would likely kill the idea since it has rice in and rice is points. It would also have to be super lean beef or turkey so would have to find some way to add moisture without adding fat. 
  • @500 Looks like the rice in this recipe has been replaced by Quinoa so your wife may like this one
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
    Thanks. I sprung the idea on her. She said Nah. She don't like stuffed peppers. Pepper stout pullled beef is my next try and turkey breast. She'll approve of the turkey breast but will have reservations about the beef. 
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,741
    Great looking peppers.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• @EggMcMic..here is the recipe I used.
    LBGE
    Oakland, ME