Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pics of my new BGE table

First posted here about a month ago and was finishing up my table. Several of you eggheads wanted to see a picture, so here it is. Been working off and on on this table for about eight months (yeah - I know i''m slow).

I searched on the Internet for a picture of a table that I liked. I didn't have a plan but the end result looks pretty much like the picture I found. It is made of cypress and I included a granite insert on the top and also have the egg stand resting on a similar piece of granite. 

I am am going to perform my first cook this weekend. Will try a pork butt.

i look forward to learning from all you eggsperts in the future!

Comments

• THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,045
    Get that sucker dirty! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• where are you located? I see the Alabama cooler in the background.  Very nice table

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

• JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 432
    edited September 2017
    Bottle opener on each piece of furniture...nice.

Beautiful table!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,051
    Nice table!

I could never have such a nice furniture quality table as that one because I would be too afraid of messing it up.

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • LarrycgLarrycg Posts: 47
    edited September 2017
    RandyC said:
    First posted here about a month ago and was finishing up my table. Several of you eggheads wanted to see a picture, so here it is. Been working off and on on this table for about eight months (yeah - I know i''m slow).

I searched on the Internet for a picture of a table that I liked. I didn't have a plan but the end result looks pretty much like the picture I found. It is made of cypress and I included a granite insert on the top and also have the egg stand resting on a similar piece of granite. 

I am am going to perform my first cook this weekend. Will try a pork butt.

i look forward to learning from all you eggsperts in the future!
    Great looking table!! No need to apologize for being slow though...  the cooler in the background explains that perfectly!! ;)  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!  =) Great job my brother!
  • Awesome table and nice patio area.
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,074
    Very nice work!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,219
    Absolutely gorgeous -- looks like fine furniture!  If it weren't for the smoke and CO risks, it'd look completely appropriate in a nice living room!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,014
    Awesome table friend. Roll Tide!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 566
    HeavyG said:
    Nice table!

I could never have such a nice furniture quality table as that one because I would be too afraid of messing it up.

Try building the table then mapping out the egg hole and cutting it!!!!  Made me sick to my stomach when I did that to my table....

That's a fine table you built!!!

Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 605
    Top notch workmanship. Well done.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,690
    That is a beautiful table - nice work!  Now I have to ask, did you wait to use the egg until you had the table done?  It is obviously brand new!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Cookinbob - yes, I did wait. Will perform my first cook this weekend. I know - crazy!
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,009

great looking table, my friend

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Looks great!  Roll Tide!
    Madison, AL