Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron Grate with Mini Max Woo

Does anyone know if a cast iron grate will fit on top of the Mini Max Woo?  I know that CI grates will fit on some of the woos, but wasn't sure about the Mini Max.  I don't want to get the grate if it won't fit.  

Comments

• jtcBoyntonjtcBoynton Posts: 2,103
    Why would you buy a cast iron grate?  Some of us think CI grates are over rated (yes, some do love them).  Make sure you really want cast iron.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• ncnativencnative Posts: 18
    I've used cast iron before and really like cooking on them.  
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 819
    Ceramic Grill Shop shows a 13" CI grate (currently sold out).
    I have CI on my PSWoo on my Large but continue to use my original grate on my woo on the MM. 

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,721
    the ci grid can slide around on the minimax woo, nothing but gravity holding it in place. 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • ncnativencnative Posts: 18
    I appreciate the info!