Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheeseburgers with bourbon carmelized onions, bacon, BBQ sauce, and Texas Toast buns

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
and pickles. Tasty. 80/20 Angus patties. I flipped the American cheese side down onto the grilled Texas Toast bun bottom in order to keep the bacon and onions from sliding off. Pretty damn tasty burger. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    That sounds and looks good.  Bookmarked.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wow that looks great!
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks great!! Love caramelized onions on a burger and almost always use them. Never tried the bourbon though.

If you're game for a different condiment, try a blend of about 75/25 mayo/dijon. Mix in some chopped chives if you have any. Burger, cheese, onions and plenty of the mayo blend. Toasted bun. Probably my favorite burger. Serve with moist towelettes, it's messy! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yes please! Make mine a double!
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,084
    Options
    Blimey! That looks amazing. What's Texas toast?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Options

Texas Toast is buttery, garlicy, thick sliced bread.  You can make it yourself just as easily as finding it in a store.
    Member since 2009
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    New York brand.  Now that's funny.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    500 said:

Texas Toast is buttery, garlicy, thick sliced bread.  You can make it yourself just as easily as finding it in a store.
    Because everything is bigger in Texas. =) I have seen it in some stores as just a plain loaf of bread, but thick sliced. Doctor it however you like. But that NY brand garlic toast is good stuff! Doubt it's available in the UK though.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Options
    That looks great!! Love caramelized onions on a burger and almost always use them. Never tried the bourbon though.

If you're game for a different condiment, try a blend of about 75/25 mayo/dijon. Mix in some chopped chives if you have any. Burger, cheese, onions and plenty of the mayo blend. Toasted bun. Probably my favorite burger. Serve with moist towelettes, it's messy! =)
    Thanks for the sauce tip, Q. I usually throw together an "Awesome Sauce" for burgers that has a Duke's mayo base, but this time I got inspiration from a Texas-only McDonald's menu item I saw on the interwebs; http://mcdburgershowdown.com/
    Member since 2009
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That looks eggcellent! I always drank the bourbon though...

Johns Creek, Georgia
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I did that too. But gin was the featured booze last night. A few gin and tonics beforehand set the mood to grill these burgers for me and two buddies. A little bourbon added a some flavor to the onions along with a splash of apple cider vinegar, molasses, and brown sugar. And I cooked the onions in the bacon fat. 
    Member since 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Cheeeeesebuuuuurrrrger.... Mmmm. I could do with a plate like that :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That burger looks great!  Only complaint is I want to see the juicy burger better, ZOOMED way in on the MEAT.  Dayum, it looks good!
    Options
    Sorry. Poor lighting. 
    Member since 2009
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice! The grilled bread is a nice touch. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    3000 calories?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    500 said:
    Sorry. Poor lighting. 
    Now, THAT's what I'm talking about!!!  My mouth is watering!!!
    Options
    Almost as good the 2nd day, microwaved leftover. Yes I found an indulgent treat. 
    Member since 2009
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Oh my!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    I'd eat that again too, nice burger
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Purdy burger!  And plate.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Very nice. You would be further impressed with some roasted Hatch Valley Roasted Green Chile on that rascal .... ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow