Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's OT chicken cook that didn't happen...

Options
No pics and we know what that means. But, my word, that was good!! Chicken thighs with home-brew chicken seasoning and some sliced baby bellas, both at 350° direct on my Akorn Jr. Mushrooms were in a small CI skillet next to the chicken. No smoke wood, just RO lump. Also, stove top sautéed asparagus plus some sliced tomato and cucumber. Pulled the chicken at 195-200°+ (intentional) and it was wonderful! Not dried out at all and the skin was crispy and just perfect! That's the way I always cook it!

Make this rub and try it next time you grill chicken. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried ginger
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp Mexican oregano
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp cayenne
½ tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp salt
20 grinds black pepper

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Your words paint the picture and I'm liking the mental taste of that rub.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Excellent write up.... if I squeeze my eyes tight enough I can almost see it...  :D
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks, guys. For those of you who felt somehow cheated, I hope this helps. ;) 

Sorry, but the grilled chicken thighs have been consumed. You'll just have to trust me on this - they looked a lot like, well, grilled chicken thighs.  =)

I feel much better now. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks, guys. For those of you who felt somehow cheated, I hope this helps. ;) 

Sorry, but the grilled chicken thighs have been consumed. You'll just have to trust me on this - they looked a lot like, well, grilled chicken thighs.  =)

I feel much better now. :rofl:
    Beautiful rub! Lmfao
    Much better than my best.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."