Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steak night

NorthernQNorthernQ Posts: 4
I did the porterhouse steaks in the sous vide tonight to 125 degrees, and then seared them off for 2 minutes per side. Came out as perfect medium rare. Still new to the egg, but very happy. A little salt and pepper and a sprig of fresh rosemary in the sous vide bag really tasted amazing with the charcoal flavour!

Comments

• JNDATHPJNDATHP Posts: 280
    Looks great!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,257
    Nice cook, close to the coals. Great flame shot.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• Looks good! I am new to Egg cooking too. Finished four cooks so far and planning to do steak for the first time tomorrow. Cannot wait! We have really enjoyed everything we have done on the egg so far. Great flavor!
    ♦︎ John ♦︎ Newbie ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ Twitter ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,989
    They look fine. There doesn't seem to be a lot of fat in the steaks, but my best steaks sear look like fireballs from the fat combustion. I usually have the dome temp up to at least 600, usually higher. I'm supposing you were maybe a little lower.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,374
    Two things. 1 How long in the bath? 2 How come your egg is not black inside? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,627
    Looks great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga