Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gaskets

Options
124»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My comment was intended to be sarcastically aimed at naive simpletons that subscribe to a paradigm of: natural - good for you, synthetic - bad for you.  That and most people don't know that asbestos is a natural mineral.
    I know.  At brisket camp I will punch you in the face. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,363
    Options
    Hopefully the ambulance chasers don't have Ron's address
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    My comment was intended to be sarcastically aimed at naive simpletons that subscribe to a paradigm of: natural - good for you, synthetic - bad for you.  That and most people don't know that asbestos is a natural mineral.
    I know.  At brisket camp I will punch you in the face. ;)
    Reminds me of the "punch" line for "That's My Bush!"
    Options
    I know what you meant. It's some bad crap and it's been known to be bad in its heyday. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn Rutland 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Options
    Love my Rutland. My father has a KJ, the Rutland is a better gasket. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    J-dubya said:
    Love my Rutland. My father has a KJ, the Rutland is a better gasket. 
    Why do you say that?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for asbestos mine
    Options
    Near Ron's house? 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    henapple said:
    Near Ron's house? 
    That his driveway.
  • henapple
    Options
    Maybe the daisy Duke shirts help
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options
    Legume said:
    So much concern and butt hurt here.  Bullying?  Hate?  I guess I missed that.

It's give and take around here for giving people the business!  Get my drift!!!

I can't imagine people truly not liking Ron or having respect for the gaskets he provides at cost.  It's all internet give and take.
    Nevermind.  Just read his unsolicited prostrate comments.  No quarter given, that was turrible.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Did Dwayne's pee start hurting after installing a new gasket?  Fiberglass can be rough.
  • henapple
    Options
    Does the pee hurting come with printed instructions? 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    I believe the Rutland may have asbestos in it. Be careful... And the direction to install is hard to find. 
    What's the big deal about asbestos?  Heck, we have lead in the water around here.  Asbestos?  No big deal.

Listen to Ron, and take what the redneck says with a grain of salt.

I've had two rutlands on my XL.  The first base cracked and I just replaced it.  Me & Wilma installed the second rutland.  The first time three or four years ago was straight forward & easy.  This time my back was killing me.  It looks like it was installed by two monkeys fighting over a banana, but its on.  I haven't cooked on it yet, but I will on Friday.
     Yikes!!!  Here it is.  I've been sick with the worst summer cold I can remember and tonight is my first cook.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    When the time comes, I will buy a Rutland from Ron. Just need to figure out how to get in touch with him. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,916
    Options
    kweitz said:
    When the time comes, I will buy a Rutland from Ron. Just need to figure out how to get in touch with him. 
    LOL - rumor has it he has gone into hiding since what he said on an unrelated topic got so misunderstood and he was hung out to dry.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I wonder if Rutland gaskets cause cancer...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2017
    Options

I've ordered 5 gaskets from Ron.  Each transaction and installion has been easy and without any trouble.

Phoenix 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Did Dwayne's pee start hurting after installing a new gasket?  Fiberglass can be rough.
    You're not supposed to put "it" in the egg, are you?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Fred, I appreciate your offer to help with caulking and painting at my house, but I think I'm good.
    Are you sure?  You know I'm free that weekend.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Next time you install a gasket, please let me know.  I will fly out to watch.  That had to have been fun to see.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    I like the Rutland gasket, when I overcook ribs and they are fall off the bone tender I just drag them across the gasket to add more texture, and the fibers are handy to floss away any of the pesky bits of ribs or corn on the cob that get stuck in my teeth. I look at it as a win, win !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.