Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sirloin Roast

Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 73
How have the other eggers done a sirloin roast on the egg?  Indirect, braise, reverse sear?
Mpls, MN - LBGE

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,664
    Indirect.  Low and slow.  You can do a sear before or after, but the majority of the cook should be at a low temp as you want it to be medium rare.

• Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 73
    cooked at 250 until internal temp was 125.  Then cranked it up to 500 for a quick sear on all sides.  Turned out really well.  Photo is local sweetcorn, homemade pickled onions and Mankato Brewery Mad Butcher IPA.  A good friday night that finished with bourbon by the bonfire.  
    Mpls, MN - LBGE