Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for GoPro

Options
MattBTI
MattBTI Posts: 417
I've got my wedding and honeymoon coming up. I am looking for a gopro. It would be nice to have for hunting and fishing and other outdoor activities as well. I have narrowed my decision down to the Session series. I have not decided on the standard session or the session 5 black model. Are the extra features worth another $120? Does anyone have either? If so, some opinions would be appreciated. 
Pratt, KS

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I have several GoPros.  Get the best one that is in your budget. 

The reason is you will get better image quality (color, sharpness, low light performance) and that will give you a better photo after you crop it.   GoPros have very wide angle lenses so unless your subject is RIGHT in front of the lens, they're just a dot.  So, it is very good for scenery shots, but not as good for people unless everybody is up close.   That's why the higher resolution versions are best.  You can have someone a little further away, but still be able to crop the photo to get a closer shot, with good quality.

These days I use them more for still pictures than video.  Just takes too long to edit the video.  I still shoot video, but then use their App to scroll to a frame that I like, do an image capture (in the app), and get a fantastic quality still.  You can also shoot in stills mode, but it's a little more random what you will get.

So, based on the two you chose, go with the Session 5.  The standard session pictures will look good on your cell phone, but once you bring them onto a larger screen it'll look like you drew it with a crayon.  :)

Good luck!
    LBGE/Maryland