Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Kamado Joe fitment in Egg Nest?

Does anybody know if a kamado Joe classic will fit in a large egg nest?
Kansas City, Kansas
Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain

Comments

• Bump for the weekday crowd...
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,986
    Tom, any idea? @tjv
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,192
    Surely our resident KJ Fanboys will have the answer. @HeavyG
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,050
    Surely our resident KJ Fanboys will have the answer. @HeavyG
    I have a vague recollection about this question from another forum many moons ago but I can't say for certain what the answer was so I shall withhold commenting.

@tenpenny_05 - you might try asking this question over on the kamadoguru forum. If you're not a member there just let me know and I'll  post the question.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,729
    edited August 2017
    Photo Egg said:
    Tom, any idea? @tjv

@PhotoEgg  The grills are close in size at the base where it matters but with that said, I would be hesitant to say definitely yes or no.  It depends on when and which Chinese factory made the Joe.  That's why, when you warranty a base with Kjoe, they ask for measurements. 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,986
    tjv said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Tom, any idea? @tjv

@PhotoEgg  The grills are close in size at the base where it matters but with that said, I would be hesitant to say definitely yes or no.  It depends on when and which Chinese factory made the Joe.  That's why, when you warranty a base with Kjoe, they ask for measurements. 

t
    With the way KJ treated you, I will give you that cheap shot.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 1voyager1voyager Posts: 329
    The base of LBGE is 13.58 inches in diameter. The base of KJ is 15.19 inches in diameter. 
    Somewhere in Colorado
    LBGE, PGS A40 Gasser