Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Belly

SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 433
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
With all the recent threads about pork belly, thought I'd give it a try.

Cubed and rubbed.  About 3 hours at 250.  Then foil with butter and brown sugar for 1.5 hours.  Glaze and back on for 15 minutes.  

Turned out really good.  Will be making this again for sure!

XL BGE

Comments

• SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 433
    Not sure why pics got posted out of order.  Sorry.
    XL BGE
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,070
    Great cook and result.  Meat candy for sure.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • I love em!

Little Rock, AR

• Nice job. One of my favorites.
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,045
    How big a belly? I want to do this (for the first time) for out Grandson's 1st birthday party as an app for about 15 adults. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,009

looks great, my friend

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
    How big a belly? I want to do this (for the first time) for out Grandson's 1st birthday party as an app for about 15 adults. 
    Sorry I threw the package away and didn't even really look at the weight.  Size wise - I would say it was approximately 8-10" wide and about 22-24" long. Probably around 6 lbs or so.  I cut off a chunk probably 8" long to do later as I didn't think it would all fit on my wire rack if I cubed the whole thing.
    XL BGE
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,045
    Thanks
    New Albany, Ohio 

You wouldn't have to put them on a wire rack but it sure made it easy to get them all on and off the Egg.
    XL BGE