Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, then Tri Tip

Family is over today and my grandson asked if we could have ribs for dinner. Of course!

Egg has settled in and now for some apple wood chunks and the ribs. 

Will post more in a few hours...
Michael
Large BGE
Reno, NV

Comments

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Rotated half way through...

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • JNDATHP
    Now it's time for the tri tip...

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • JNDATHP
    edited July 2017
    Now the corn while the ribs and tri tip are in a warming oven waiting for guests...

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Great when you get request, and your grandson knows how to pick a winner.  Those look great ... Another few weeks here for corn season, can't wait to get cooking with local corn.

They look like very large ribs, if that is your large BGE
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Awesome.  Id crush a couple
    bones, for sure. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JNDATHP
    Ribs are St. Louis from Wallyworld. Could only get 2 1/2 racks on. I'll post some pics after we recover from our food comas!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Very nice cook....bet the fam enjoyed that dinner....I know I would.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JNDATHP
    Thanks everyone!

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    Does anybody know where around Houston TX they sell TRI TIP
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    GoldenQ said:
    Does anybody know where around Houston TX they sell TRI TIP
    I was visiting a friend for a long weekend in Katy. We hit the butcher in the morning and cooked all types of meat through the day including tri tip. The name of the place was Meat Masters, I only remember it because the name cracked me up. Good luck. 
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    Thanks   Katy is bout 75 mins from me but I may try it
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • When ya'll grill corn on the cob does everyone take take the silks off or just grill as is then peel?  I usually just peel it all and throw it on.  Always wanted to try it whole but don't want to screw it up.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    When ya'll grill corn on the cob does everyone take take the silks off or just grill as is then peel?  I usually just peel it all and throw it on.  Always wanted to try it whole but don't want to screw it up.  
    Soak the husk so it can steam inside or

@DoubleEgger had an awesome corn on the cob post a while back, in foil rub, with  mayonnaise paprika salt and pepper it's delicious 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61 said:
    When ya'll grill corn on the cob does everyone take take the silks off or just grill as is then peel?  I usually just peel it all and throw it on.  Always wanted to try it whole but don't want to screw it up.  

@DoubleEgger had an awesome corn on the cob post a while back, in foil rub, with  mayonnaise paprika salt and pepper it's delicious 
    Thanks. Will search for it 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JNDATHP
    We like to soak then steam on egg. Cut the stalk end off when done and put pointy end on cutting board standing straight up. With mitted hand, slide husk and silk off in one fell swoop. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Hans61 said:

Thanks. Will search for it 
    Just slather an ear with mayo and add any seasoning you want. I use ancho chili powder. Wrap in foil and cook as you normally would. 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    What size Egg was that?  Was it half-racks on a Large?  Interesting technique - looked very inventive and practical!  Great looking stuff!