Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone users....

Options
www.backyardlifegear.com
Just in case someone wants to add flash n cool to it.

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I like the covers but they seem a little spendy. Six months ago, 28" griddles were $50. The drip spout fix is a slick idea. I may try to make one of those on my own. Thanks for sharing.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    These post always get the creative minds flowing. =)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited July 2017
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    I like the covers but they seem a little spendy. Six months ago, 28" griddles were $50. The drip spout fix is a slick idea. I may try to make one of those on my own. Thanks for sharing.
    I thought the same thing. Diamond plate isn't that expensive. 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    The best part about the cover would be using it as a wind screen on the back side. It never seems windy outside until I light my damn griddle! =)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    The best part about the cover would be using it as a wind screen on the back side. It never seems windy outside until I light my damn griddle! =)
    You should be cooking from the safety of your garage  =)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For $13 it is not even worth messing around with trying to fabricate something for the grease rail for me. The covers are a real nice idea, but real spendy. Still, I may pull the trigger. I have a Blackstone soft cover and an aftermarket(Onlyfire) one on mine to try to avoid water intrusion. A solid choice would be better. And if it sits on the rails nicely it is a good surface for a large cutting board while egging.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    You would think they would show some photos of the covers actually in use. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like the stainless cover. I could then use the blackstone as a prep table for the kamado's
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
    I cant lie I bought the diamond plate cover. The grease drip thing doesnt address my major issue, the notch in the corner is where mine dripped.

• jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    I have been wanting a stainless cover exactly like that.  Been thinking I would find someone locally to fabricate it but that hasn't gone anywhere.  I did balk a little at the sticker price, but then again not having to deal with anyone fabricating and having it show up at my door has its advantages.  Thanks for providing this link!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Anybody know if this will fit with the surround table installed?
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE