Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs

Should be delicious in about 5-6 hours  for dinner!
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.

Comments

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    i am about 6 mountain tops northeast away from you over in N.C. i was just outside and i believe i caught a subtle by aromatic wisp of smoke coming from your cook. looks incredible!   Go Gators!

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Are those bone in?  They may take a little longer then 6 hours depending on what temp you are at.  I like cooking them like brisket and they can take around 9 to 10 hours at 225 and depending on how many pounds.  Looks good so far.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Generally cook them 5.5-6 hours @ 250. Come out great. And yes, they are bone in 2 racks at about 5 lbs total.
    George
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @gpsegg - I use worcestershire for a binder and rub with a Montreal steak seasoning.  I'm looking to change it up.  Care to share your prep process?  
    As you well know, great eats await.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gpsegg
    @lousubcap.....use EVOO and Dizzy Dust with a few chunks of Jack Daniels Oak. Also spritz every 1.5 hours with 50/50 apple juice/apple cider vinegar mix.
    George
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @Ladeback69 Are you thinking of short/plate ribs?  When I've done back ribs they tend to be done in the 5-6 hour range.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    edited July 2017
    @Ladeback69 Are you thinking of short/plate ribs?  When I've done back ribs they tend to be done in the 5-6 hour range.
    I am thinking short ribs.  I haven't done them in a long time so I may be off on my time.  I may have to cook some again to remind myself.
    Image result
    These
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • gpsegg
    Ready for dinner.
    George
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Nice 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I have had a heck of a time finding them.. but my local butcher (conrad-hinkle) keeps these is stock.   Expensive yes, but worth it!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.