Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yesterday's egged meatloaf went swimming!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,920
Well - not actually swimming but with a twist. Following the thread that @Carolina-Q started recently about a great chicken recipe then @fishlessman commented that he always puts anchovies in his lasagna and never tells this guests. So I got to thinking - I still had 5 rolled anchovies left from the chicken so why not smear them into a paste as I saute'd the diced onions, green peppers and chopped garlic. The meatloaf is always terrific but the anchovies added a whole new zing. Thanks for the idea @fishlessman!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    just dont tell anyone when you serve it ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I have a good joke about the blind man and the fish store, but I will save it for Friday night.  ;)
  • RRP
    Options
    I hear you - but since my wife is a salt-alcoholic she immediately picked up on the zippy taste and LOVED it! Me too until 2 AM when I had to eat a couple TUMS! I think next time I'll just use 4 anchovies instead of 5 as they were on the large size.
  • RRP
    Options
    For whatever it is worth.... 

Tonight I reheated pieces of that delicious meatloaf in a Dutch oven with lid on while the slices were resting above the green beans and halves of new potatoes. Both of us swear that tonight's meal was even better than that of the first night! 

Besides all that I also selected 4 uniform thickness pieces and froze them in a FoodSaver bag to enjoy them later some night I'm feeling tired or lazy as cold meatloaf sandwiches!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    Options
    As someone who has seafood/shellfish allergies, remind me never to eat with you. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Against my better judgement I clicked on this link....

Fully expecting to see Ron eating Meatloaf on a pool raft in a 1920s man onsie striped bathing suit. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    We find that we enjoy leftover meatloaf as much, if not more than when it was fresh off the grill.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I

I thought this thread would be about sloppy joes.  "Yesterday's meatloaf is today's sloppy joe."  Sloppy joe!  Slop, sloppy joe!
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    As someone who has seafood/shellfish allergies, remind me never to eat with you. 
    a majority of meatloaf recipes have fish sauce in them unknowingly, please be careful with that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it