Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Ideas for Multiple Eggs?

I'm looking for ideas for a table that will hold 2 kamado grills.  I've had my Large Egg in a cypress table I built for the past 5-6 years.  I bought a Kamado Joe Jr yesterday (awesome, awesome, awesome, by the way) and it's time for a new Egg table.  My two labs have eaten the corners off mine as puppies, as it is.  So, it's time for a new table, anyway.  I've searched online and found a few pics.  Anyone who has a nice rolling setup for multiple eggs, please post.  I'm just trying to find the design I want so I can buy the wood and start building.  Even considering a granite top this time to prevent fading and warping.....if it isn't extremely expensive.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    I will say shop and ask around for a top.  Depending on the dimensions and what you are looking for or what you are willing to accept, you can get some killer deals on granite that stone yards or installers have left over from other jobs.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,983
    My table holds a large and small BGE. In spite of designing it as a cart to roll about I quickly learned that table is H E A V Y and it stays put with its own footprint on my deck. BTW what I did add afterward was a fold down shelf table on the side. Care for any pictures?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    With a Jr... I wouldn't plant it. Keep it mobile. Jm2c 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    What's the fascination with building a perfectly solid table and then cutting a big hole (or two) in it? Just build a solid table. Put one egg at each end. In nests. More flexible if you decide to rearrange. Far less likely to catch fire. Easier table build too.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    RRP said:
    My table holds a large and small BGE. In spite of designing it as a cart to roll about I quickly learned that table is H E A V Y and it stays put with its own footprint on my deck. BTW what I did add afterward was a fold down shelf table on the side. Care for any pictures?
    Yes, if you don't mind, I would love to see it.
    Athens, GA
  • Mayberry
    If I put the Jr in it, I plan to cut the hole as an oval, so I can set it down inside the table inside the carrier.  That way, I can just lift and carry with me when we take the travel trailer to the mountains.  That, or have a half moon hole cut in one side to slide it in and out inside the carrer.  I bought the Jr to take with me.  I want it accessible.  
    Athens, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    What's the fascination with building a perfectly solid table and then cutting a big hole (or two) in it? Just build a solid table. Put one egg at each end. In nests. More flexible if you decide to rearrange. Far less likely to catch fire. Easier table build too.
    Best thing I ever did with my egg was get rid of the custom table and put them all in nests.

Once you lift eggs in and out of holes, you learn quick, even with the small eggs.  At least you can get under them and bend at the knees in nests when lifting.  

I actually threw my back out loading my small for Frozen Fest.  Left everything mid pack, egg at home with the innards in a milk crate on the table, loaded up the food necessities into the Caddy, rolled on for 6 hours to Adam's house in Bloomington, MN.

Literally limped around the whole time with a bum leg, and Enrico kept the Sambuca on board for pain, first thing in the morning with breakfast pheasant newburg. Lol  

Had a medically urgent microdiscectomy/laminectomy upon return, won by appeal by my PCP and neurosurgeon.  

Now I empty it in the nest, carry the empty shell, load in the table, insert innards.  A PITA, but much safer.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,811
    This. You get much more work space by not setting the eggs in the table.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mayberry
    My only thought with the nests is how easy they are to tip over.  I have  3 kids, with the oldest being 7 yrs old and 2 dogs weighing 50 lbs and 90 lbs.  I just feel like they would somehow end up toppled over if they aren't in a table.
    Athens, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,694
    edited July 2017
    I can move the Mini or MM to other tables in a second. Both Larges have Handlers. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• nutshellml
    nutshellml Posts: 166
    Mickey said:
    I can move the Mini or MM to other tables in a second. Both Larges have Handlers. 

You need GEA (Green Egg Anonymous) 

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    Northern Jersey
    XL BGE  |  XL Adjustable Rig Combo  |  CyberQ  |  Maverick 733
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    How much is an egg  nest handler?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95