Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Impromptu Baby Backs

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum
No Egg pics but cooked at 350ish indirect with white oak and rubbed with a mix of DD and BBBR.   Sauced the last 20ish minutes after they passed the toothpick test.  
My plate 

And my grandson who turned 2 today got his first taste of @mickey turbo ribs.  

Taste test 

And approval

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,954
    Looks like he likes Grandpa's ribs! What else counts?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,381
    Great pics right there-way to nail it.  I attribute all success to the diamond plate.  You can definitely deliver the groceries.  Congrats on the audible, but more importantly the results.  Have a great Independence Day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Looks like a ringing endorsement to me
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Yes sir, well done. Little man approves.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,677
    That picture nails it!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Glad the ribs worked out. But those beans look awesome!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @carolina Q - really simple beans - open can, pour in pot, add 2 strips of bacon, boil till liquid almost gone then lower heat an occasionally  add just enough water to keep from burning 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    It all looks wonderful!  I'm terrible at putting together a balanced meal when I'm egging, mostly just think about the meat, and then it's done and oh, yeah, right, some sides might be good...  Great job!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    @carolina Q - really simple beans - open can, pour in pot, add 2 strips of bacon, boil till liquid almost gone then lower heat an occasionally  add just enough water to keep from burning 
    I haven't opened a can of veggies in quite a while. I can find sorta low sodium pintos and black beans, but that's about it. Mostly, I buy dried navy/pinto/black beans or fresh green beans. Pressure cooker works wonders with only as much salt as I want! For me, good sides are at least as good as a meat course.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    The diamond plate makes all food taste better!
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Job well done matt. Sounds like you started the little guy a little late though. My dought just turned two and shes been kiling my ribs and pulled pork. She is always asking for brisket. She had to settle for meat loaf tonight. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,704
    Great looking plate and love the little fella..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,594
    edited July 2017
    You hit a homer there... the new rib man looks happy!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,175
    Looks great. Good ribs, good sides and good dining partner.