Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Jerk Chops

BigWingsBigWings Posts: 172
Look at the colour of these beauties!   A little Bajan paste with some Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk.    Seared on the egg in the lower rack at about 450.   

New Brunswick, Canada

Comments

• Wow that's look perfect @BigWings ;
    Snellville, GA

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,868
    Looks good from here.  I've got some chicken in the fridge right now marinating in some jerk seasoning.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• dstearndstearn Posts: 1,146
    Looks great!. I will be marinating two chops in Walkerswood tonight for tomorrows cook. Last time I reverse seared them, smoked using Pimentowood chips indirect and then seared.
  • BigWingsBigWings Posts: 172
    dstearn said:
    Looks great!. I will be marinating two chops in Walkerswood tonight for tomorrows cook. Last time I reverse seared them, smoked using Pimentowood chips indirect and then seared.
    That sounds like a solid plan!  I've never tried pimento yet, but have used bay leaves (supposedly similar).   

New Brunswick, Canada

• jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 280
    I really like that DP Jamaican Firewalk.  I use it on pork chops and especially chicken wings.  In fact, I think I'm out and need to order some more!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • How hot is the DP Jamaican Firewalk?  I have a sample bag that I haven't even opened yet. I'm the only one in my family that even remotely likes spicy food.

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,992

How hot is the DP Jamaican Firewalk?  I have a sample bag that I haven't even opened yet. I'm the only one in my family that even remotely likes spicy food.

Pop open the sample pack and taste a pinch right out of the bag. It will give you a general idea.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 280
    @Lowcountrygamecock it's got a pretty good slow burn to it.  I have to go easy with it if I'm putting it on something the kids are eating, and they handle a fair amount of spice.  I'll usually do some wings heavy with it and then some "mild" with just a dusting for the kids.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • BigWingsBigWings Posts: 172

How hot is the DP Jamaican Firewalk?  I have a sample bag that I haven't even opened yet. I'm the only one in my family that even remotely likes spicy food.

It's got no where the kind of heat that Walkerswood has, but you can add as much or as little as you like.   A light dusting is fairly benign.

New Brunswick, Canada

• JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,213
    Great chops!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,009
    Those look killer to me
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA