Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wal-Mart Steaks

Options
The Wal-Mart by me has these thick cut choice strips for a pretty good price. I was ruined pretty early on by Wal-Mart meat, but these things continue to impress. They are all between 1 and 1.5 pounds are are perfect for reverse searing on the Egg. My wife loves them and we have them 2 or 3 times a week, one is easily enough for both of us and and the price is right.
Just thought I'd share!
Kansas City, Kansas
Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Those look pretty delicious.  For me, the only down-side would be having to enter a Wal-Mart to buy them.  Eureka!   Solution: Send SWMBO. 

There's a store in town that sells, two or three times a year, big 18-28 pound strip loins for $3.99/lb.  We always buy one if we're low and cut it up into steaks.  Needs a lot of trimming, but they're a good value.
    Options
    Wow that looks good.  I am impressed.  I had some bad Walmart meat the first time I bought it 13 years ago and haven't tried again since. I may give this a shot.  Thank you.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    So nobody's going to talk about the naked doll in the background? Not even nola?

Okay...I digress. 

Good lookin' steak though! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Saw this post just before I was headed out to run a few errands. I generally have TERRIBLE luck with steaks, but you made these sound so promising, I stopped at wm while I was out. They had three of these marked down to $6.98 per lb (sell by date was tomorrow), so I bought 'em all. I've never bought steak at wm before, but they can't be any worse than what I usually come home with. =)

We'll see. If it's a lousy steak, the others should still make a decent burger or maybe a cheesesteak. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I want purchase a Walmart steak because I believe there are better places to purchase beef.  I also do not purchase dairy, or produce from them either. I do purchase a lot of my staples, and not ashamed to admit it. That is all.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    So nobody's going to talk about the naked doll in the background? Not even nola?

Okay...I digress. 

I didn't think it was out-of-the-ordinary enough to comment.  Now if it was next to a bottle of KY Jelly, we're talking Friday night lights.
    Options

Okay...I digress. 

When you have a 2 and a 4 year old girl, its hard to take a picture of anything in my house without getting a naked doll in frame. :)
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Okay...I digress. 

When you have a 2 and a 4 year old girl, its hard to take a picture of anything in my house without getting a naked doll in frame. :)
    It happens to others on this forum and they don't have children...eeeuuuww
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks great. I have bought steaks from Sam's on a few occasions and I have been very happy with them. They are a little cheaper, but you have to buy a 4 pack. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Okay...I digress. 

It happens to others on this forum and they don't have children...eeeuuuww
    But they're usually the inflatable kind....
    Options
    That steak looks good. But I haven't had good luck with meat or produce purchased at WalMart.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ever since all them walmarts closed because Jade Helm tunnels were under them an the government was planning on invading texas plus the radioactive fukashima meat tasted funny although it was cool cause it glowed in the dark and stuff I try to avoid them but these here pictures look like it's regular meat and not the radioactive stuff so I think I might go over there and get some.