Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No pics from Toronto Eggfest this year?

Options
Disappointed I couldn't attend Toronto Eggfest this year. In fact, I flew back in from vacation the same day, so was counting on @Canugghead or one of the other regulars to post pics. But my quick search turns up nothing? 
Ajax, ON Canada
(XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)

Comments

• leeman13
    leeman13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I guess I am complicit in the lack of photos -- was waiting on someone else to start a thread too! :)

I was there as a first-time cook.  It was a lot of fun and I'll do it again at some point for sure.  My booth's biggest hits were roasted peaches stuffed with a pecan-praline mixture, as well as fried donuts -- we had a line of a couple dozen people waiting for those bad boys to come off the grill!!

It was my first time at the Brickworks venue and I hope they keep it there for many years to come.  Good location, great ambiance, and protected from whatever mother nature comes up with that day.

I have some pics here, but it's mostly just of my booth because the only negative part about the event as a cook is that you don't have much time to walk around and see everyone else's booth :)https://goo.gl/photos/FSjp9isahsF7XU2a9
    -lee.
    LBGE in Waterloo, ON
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I took a bunch of video. I'll put it together this week some time. 
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    I was there but did not take any pictures. Sorry guys!
    This was my first eggfest. I had a great time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but an observation I made was that the lines were quite long for samples, and there were so many people behind me waiting for food that quite often it was impolite to speak with the cooks regarding their tips and tricks on how things were prepared since they were so busy getting samples to all the guests.
    Again, just an observation from a first time attendee. Not trying to steal anyone's post.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Gym said:
    I was there but did not take any pictures. Sorry guys!
    This was my first eggfest. I had a great time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but an observation I made was that the lines were quite long for samples, and there were so many people behind me waiting for food that quite often it was impolite to speak with the cooks regarding their tips and tricks on how things were prepared since they were so busy getting samples to all the guests.
    Again, just an observation from a first time attendee. Not trying to steal anyone's post.
    Sounds like a fair and honest opinion. I have been to similar Eggfests. Great for people involved with the event who are looking at attendance numbers but not always a great time for the tasters and the cooks.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    edited June 2017
    Options
    We've cooked at Toronto and Niagara fests several years, this was the busiest ever, huge crowd!  Unlike many of the big boys, our station wasn't that busy. We were able to share with interested visitors how we carved, prep and grilled pineapples, start to finish in about 20 min.
    No picture but this is how I've been carving it for years...
    http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/knife-skills-how-to-cut-a-pineapple.html
    Few random shots ...

canuckland
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Here's a couple stills. Most of mine was video. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    That pig snake thing is pretty creepy
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited June 2017
    Options
    slovelad said:
    That pig snake thing is pretty creepy
    Oh? I just thought that was @LittleSteven, slightly pickled and caught in a kite string!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.