Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blue big green egg

Options
2»

Comments

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    This needs its own thread. You own three blue eggs?
    And this little guy!💙🇺🇸 And a few others!🇺🇸

XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 690
    Options
    If I could get a blue BGE, I'd then want my other grills to be blue. I would be broke. 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options

At first I thought of these odd accessories until I put on my glasses.  I've seen a blue BGE before but figured they went to the wayside.  Are they considered a large?

https://www.armorshields.com/armor-shields/royal-blue
    Columbus, Ohio
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,102
    Options
    jdMyers said:

At first I thought of these odd accessories until I put on my glasses.  I've seen a blue BGE before but figured they went to the wayside.  Are they considered a large?

https://www.armorshields.com/armor-shields/royal-blue

This is the first time I've seen dome condoms for the BGE. It's supposed to remind you of a pool and resist sun fading? Who believes this crap? On that given note they've probably have sold a ton of them. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    caliking said:
    What happens when the base cracks and you need to make a warranty claim? Do you get a blue base, or a green one?
    Probably the same answer of any used egg buyer submitting a claim. Warranty is for original owner only, but we'll sell you a green one.
  • cnst
    cnst Posts: 3
    Options
    Nice to see other blue eggs out there. 
  • cnst
    Options
    Also, and this may have been stated elsewhere, the blue green egg was a limited run for a pool builder in Florida and there were a few extra, one of which I bought in 2000 at the old BGE headquarters.  They actually have one on display at the new headquarters in Doraville.  The blue is rare and completely legit. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,811
    Options
    @cnst - That is rolling in uniquely hot right there.  You have obviously been at this game for a long time.  Glad you have emerged from the shadows.  I am quite sure you have much to offer here so saddle up and enjoy the ride. 
    Above all, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,770
    Options
    Very cool......Always good to see another one.

PS:  To be safe get an air gap between the Egg base and the paver.  You can use the included feet if you still have them, some ceramic flower pot feet, or even a handful of 1x1 floor tiles.  Otherwise those pavers are nothing more than heat sinks--robbing BTUs and potentially charring the table below.

WeberWho said:
    This needs its own thread. You own three blue eggs?
    Yes he does!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BlG_GREEN_DAVE
    Options
    RRP said:
    Best offer rather than a set price would be my suggestion. Yes that is unique and the usual rule of thumb doesn't make sense. Good luck! 
    “Unique” means it is a only one. 

Latin “Uni” (only) plus “Neek” (one)

it ain’t unique. But it is rare. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    edited January 2023
    Options
    RRP said:
    Best offer rather than a set price would be my suggestion. Yes that is unique and the usual rule of thumb doesn't make sense. Good luck! 
    “Unique” means it is a only one. 

Latin “Uni” (only) plus “Neek” (one)

BTW I was not the one here who hit your post with a Dislike! Good night
  • BlG_GREEN_DAVE
    Options
    If i cared about peeple disliking me, i would of not married my my cousin jess

she hates me

but we make it work

say hello to pat. If she can put up with you since the kennedy ad ministrations, she is a better man than I

• cnst
    Options

PS:  To be safe get an air gap between the Egg base and the paver.  You can use the included feet if you still have them, some ceramic flower pot feet, or even a handful of 1x1 floor tiles.  Otherwise those pavers are nothing more than heat sinks--robbing BTUs and potentially charring the table below.
    Thanks for the tip.  Thankfully after 20+ years I havent't burned my deck down.  :) I have disassembled once or twice and no burn marks were there.  
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,692
    Options
    cnst said:

Thanks for the tip.  Thankfully after 20+ years I havent't burned my deck down.  :) I have disassembled once or twice and no burn marks were there.  
    Good!!  You could go another 20 years, or it could happen tomorrow.......it's a crazy thing how and when the table fires happen.  That think it acting as a big heat sink either way, so get a gap to save $$$ on some charcoal.  That's for sharing the pic!! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,958
    Options
    cnst said:

the ignition temp of wood drops with heated cycles repeated over time. i remember seeing a study where a 212f steam pipe eventually burned down a building by starting a fire on a wood floor. you have 20 years of heat cycles

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    Bump!💙🇺🇸💰
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas