Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Meatloaf

BUFFALOMOOSEBUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 180
Tyler Florence receipe.  Put the red pepper relish in the loaf but just bbq sauce on top.  Cooked at 300 first hour and 350 second hour. Pulled at 160 internal and was a tad dry.  Will do 155 next time. 
South Buffalo, New York

Comments

• Looks good. Hard to screw up egged meatloaf. I pull around 150° and it usually tops out at 155 as it rests. 
    Snellville, GA

• BUFFALOMOOSEBUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 180
    Thanks @Eggdicted_Dawgfan.  Do you still get the charred exterior at 150?
    South Buffalo, New York
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,173

One of my favs.  Nice color on that loaf.

Phoenix 
  • I do but I cook just a bit hotter than you did. Usually shoot for 375-400°
    Snellville, GA

Thanks @blasting
    South Buffalo, New York
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan how is your smoke flavor?  My goal was a nice smoke ring. I guess I can torch the top to get the char.
    South Buffalo, New York
  • @Eggdicted_Dawgfan how is your smoke flavor?  My goal was a nice smoke ring. I guess I can torch the top to get the char.
    Smoke profile is typically mild as I don't use any smokewood and use RW or Fogo for fuel. Nothing wrong with adding wood for more smoke flavor to your likings. I find the lump alone adds just enough for our taste with meatloaf. 
    Snellville, GA