Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Odd but Delicious Lamb Burger Recipe

Options
Theophan
Theophan Posts: 2,654
This was odd in how it was cooked, I think I might do it differently next time, but gosh, these were good!

This recipe for "Lucky Peach Lamb Burgers" apparently was developed for a cookbook, 101 Easy Asian Recipes.  I'm not sure how Asian these were, aside from the Szechuan peppers (salt, chile flakes, cumin and Szechuan peppercorns were ground and mixed into the meat before cooking), but they were good.  An odd thing was that they're made like "smash burgers," but you smash them onto a pile of onions and peppers, which prevented the crust that I think is the whole point of smash burgers.  I think another time I'll take the veggies out of the pan and then smash the burgers.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    That does look damn good.
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    holy crap that is different but looking good ... stealing. 

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Looks like a type of northern Chinese or Kazakh style kabab. And definitely worth trying!

We had Kazakh friends who used to grill lamb with salt, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Still my favorite "rub" for lamb. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.