Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Cheesesteaks

Busted out the Blackstone last night but my last propane tank was acting up and only putting out a little heat (something was wrong with the connection).

So onions, peppers, and bread on the stone and meat, cheese, and jalapeños on the Little Griddle  

Served with the only beer floating around in my garage and BBQ chips. Mostly because I forgot to cook the side dish. 

Side note. It is difficult to make a Philly cook look sexy until all the parts are together. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Looks great brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Remove the connector from the tank then put it back on. Then slowly open the bottle valve. It has a safety over flow and, on mine, if I open the valve quickly it sometimes shuts the flow way down. Some thing happened on my Patio heater.

Looks good!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    That looks great!  I have been wanting to do Philly's for a couple months now and my hangup has been finding good pre-sliced meat.  Others on the forum have indicated they sliced their own steak.  Did you slice your own or buy pre-sliced?  The mountains are blue!  Nothing wrong with a cold Coors Light.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Hotch said:
    Remove the connector from the tank then put it back on. Then slowly open the bottle valve. It has a safety over flow and, on mine, if I open the valve quickly it sometimes shuts the flow way down. Some thing happened on my Patio heater.

Looks good!
    same on my big burner i use for boils and steaming. stupid feature, good to check that first before taking the burner apart
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Well done. I need to work on my Philly cheesesteak skills.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • @Hotch I have put this 1 tank on 3 different types of burners. Same result. (one without a regulator just out of curiosity) I swear I think the throat of the tank is bent. Usually I get mine refilled but this one is going back spray painted "POS" on the side of it. 

@jdkeithbge I just talked to a butcher in town and he said they could slice them for me. But I had these leftover in the freezer. Steak-Eze brand I think. Considering you are covering them in cheese and spices and throwing on a sandwich I'm wondering if the price of the butcher sliced ribeyes are worth it.

You can get them at Gordon's Food Supply. If they have those in Texas.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    We bought a 30 pound chuck roll, sectioned it, par-froze and ran it thru the slicer. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    That looks great.. hard to beat that
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Side note. It is difficult to make a Philly cook look sexy until all the parts are together. 
    Very nice job....and a great plate of grub.   A friendly attempt to challenge this statement however. :o

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow