Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

35lbs of pork shoulder and 55lbs of crawfish......let's do this......

Hey, Crawfish and BBQ....what's not to like. Cooked 4 pork shoulders on the LBGE, adjustable rig and boiled 2 sacks of crawfish. Oh also had 2 kegs of beer (Sweetwater)....lets not forget the beer. Lol 

2 Pork Shoulders on top and 2 on the bottom

Custom built Crawfish table...compliments of a buddy, sitting on 2 large trash cans. Makes for easy clean up! 

Here are a few pics of the Crawfish table under construction.....all made with spare wood! 

Comments

• Trash can hole table is always a solid call. 

How many any people did you have? 50 lbs of bugs goes a long way with most crowds. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SBGonzo
    SBGonzo Posts: 137
    Trash can hole table is always a solid call. 

How many any people did you have? 50 lbs of bugs goes a long way with most crowds. 
    We had about 40 people. Cooked the mud bugs in 2 batches. Reused the water from the first batch for the second, just added more spice = 28 lbs of extra spicy Crawfish! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Fantastic man!  Great banquet and custom tables.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SBGonzo
    Sorry, forgot one last picture. Vegges and Spices the day before. Zero Mud Bugs left over lol.  Just used Zatarains, Cayenne pepper, onions, lemon, celery, garlic, salt, 9lbs of smoked sausage, corn and pineapple at the end of the boil. 
  • CanadianAnvil
    CanadianAnvil Posts: 226
    edited June 2017
    As someone who lives in the north I have to ask, what does a crawfish taste like? 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Well Played 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • As someone who lives in the north I have to ask, what does a crawfish taste like? 
    @CanadianAnvil  Coon ass lobster. It's all an experience. They are very good but it's hard to describe. You will wake up in the morning feeling and smelling like you just left a Louisiana whore house. And you will have a smile on your face. 

@SBGonzo pm sent

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SBGonzo
    As someone who lives in the north I have to ask, what does a crawfish taste like? 
    Not sure this is the best description....but maybe like a spicy shrimp or lobster, but chewier then a shrimp. The Crawfish soak up the flavor in the water...spices, garlic, salt etc. They should be alive before they hit the boiling water, if not don't eat them. An easy way to tell is to look at their tail after they are cooked. Straight tail means they were dead before they were cooked, do not eat. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    The pork couldn't look any better, but the crawfish, corn and sausage is a true thing of beauty. Maybe I could send you tri tip and you could send me crawfish. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • @SBGonzo looks great. You set the bar for the summer - gonna be hard to beat.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Very nice feast right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    SBGonzo said:
    Sorry, forgot one last picture. Vegges and Spices the day before. Zero Mud Bugs left over lol.  Just used Zatarains, Cayenne pepper, onions, lemon, celery, garlic, salt, 9lbs of smoked sausage, corn and pineapple at the end of the boil. 
    Pineapple?  Tell me more!  I've never heard this but it sounds fantastic.  
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    That's a fantastic cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• That is some awesome party food right there. Great cook!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • SBGonzo

Legume said:
    SBGonzo said:
    Pineapple?  Tell me more!  I've never heard this but it sounds fantastic.  
    So here is the deal with the Pineapple. It really absorbs the spices and salt, so you want to make sure you add it at the END of the boil. Basically when you turn off the gas to let the Crawfish soak. Now I know what your thinking......hey I like spicy food, I will just add it at the beginning of the boil. Bad idea....I like spicy food too, but it gets way too salty, you won't be able to eat it.

We cut up 3 pineapples in chucks, and let them "steep" with the Crawfish after we turned off the gas for about 20-30min. What you get a delicious spicy and sweet tasty pineapple at the end. It's like Thai food, the balance of spicy, sweet and salt are key! Next time you are doing a seafood boil, give it a try. It works great with shrimp or crab boils too.

Cheers