Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadians get stuff done.

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Focused for sure.  That said, my first close encounter with a EF-1 tornado was about five weeks ago when only the 11th one in the local history came rolling thru the county where I live.  It was about mid-night and there were no tornado warnings, just severe T'storms.  
    Passed about 3/4 mile from my house-the debris field was quite defined and not something I care to see again.  Fortunately no injuries but destroyed a local park and nature preserve.  
    Don't F with Mother Nature.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @lousubcap you could fight off a tornado with your pocket cleaver. It's not just for chicken. :)

Good to hear it missed you. I actually want to see one some day. Not doing any damage (well, it can suck up my neighbours moron dog...), just off in the distance. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @gmac-  funny you mention the cleaver and a chix.  I am actually running a "pulled chix" cook right now at around 200*F.  Been going for almost 4 hours and will give it another 3-4.  First time for everything.
    And the star of the chix prep show was the cleaver.  Made splitting the chix a piece of cake.  Thread to follow-
    (#38) 
    Edit: never did see it-time of night and no warnings... 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.