Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kevin Wellborn

Options
Morning folks. I am stuck on making a decision about my large egg. I am wanting to buy either a spider, a woo or an adjustable rig. Before I shell out $$, does many peeps use these and if so which would be recommended. Thanks in advance!!

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Do you have a plate setter? I have an AR and would recommend that, but the woo is built to use the PS. I'd add a spider to either for searing.
  • Cyclops42
    Cyclops42 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have a plate setter and was thinking about the AR because of the different levels and adding a stone to it for indirect cooking. 

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    The PSWoo2 with extender does everything I need. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Another endorsement for the PSWoo2 with extender.  It will let you use the platesetter, gives you two levels of cooking (second level is high in the dome) and makes platesetter removal a snap.  Besides if the platesetter breaks you can get a kit that will let you convert to using a cgs stone with the rig.  FWIW- 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
    I have the  pswoo with extender . I think I would have liked the ar more. More options.