Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Acacia

Options
Hello!

I have been quietly lurking and trying your recipes, great stuff. It's been a great first two weeks with the Egg so far.
Today I come with a question. I have purchased the BGE Acacia Wood table. It is being delivered tomorrow and I wanted to see if anyone has this table and if so, does it need to be stained/sealed?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Can't help with the table but welcome to the forum. Great folks around here. 
    Snellville, GA

• SilverFlash
    Options
    Can't help with the table but welcome to the forum. Great folks around here. 
    Thank you! Very helpful bunch round here for sure
  • brat_man
    brat_man Posts: 6
    Options
    Definitely get a cover, i have one on my table and for the last year I've kept it outside in North Dakota and my table still looks great! As far as a sealer goes I would just google which sealer works best for that type of wood and it should be just fine.
    Large Egg 
    Certified EGGspert

Fargo, ND 

• SilverFlash
    Options
    brat_man said:
    Definitely get a cover, i have one on my table and for the last year I've kept it outside in North Dakota and my table still looks great! As far as a sealer goes I would just google which sealer works best for that type of wood and it should be just fine.
    Thanks Brat_Man! The cover is on, the FL sun would have it turned to splinters in a week if not! lol Working thru my dealer, the BGE folks said Danish Wood Oil in Natural is what to use. Thought I would follow up and post that in case anybody else is in the search for answers.

Thanks for the help and GO GRIZZ!!! (I vacation in Missoula every year, truly God's country)