Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket

Options
mpearce
mpearce Posts: 11
Have friends coming over tomorrow so decided to try my first brisket. Reading up here for tips and tricks. Any suggestions welcome. It is a 6# Choice. So thinking around 8 hours at 225-250. Don't have wood chunks for smoking but do have chips so will put some of that in in the beginning. Will post pics.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    If you are reading here and still have questions then you need to work on your search filters.  BTW- give the forum search a go and if that doesn't overwhelm you with info that go to google and add egghead forum to your query and you will be inundated with more than you can get thru by the time the cook is finished.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Don't just drop the chips on top, knock em around with your ashtool till they get mixed into the lump below the surface, repeat 1-2 more times. Don't soak them.
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Nathanogle51
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    If you are reading here and still have questions then you need to work on your search filters.  BTW- give the forum search a go and if that doesn't overwhelm you with info that go to google and add egghead forum to your query and you will be inundated with more than you can get thru by the time the cook is finished.
    In his defense - being a new egger myself - the info can be overwhelming and, sometimes, a pointed conversation can clear the clutter and provide some direction.
    Dec. 2016: Large BGE
    Covington, GA via Rocky Top, TN