Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear NY Strip Steak and some Veggies (Pic Medium at best)

Options
PirateBill
PirateBill Posts: 259
Dinner tonight was NY strip and some artichokes, Lady pirate approved!

Seasoned with a highly secret rub that only the pirate and his first mate knows ... 50% salt and 50% rough grind pepper.
Into what I am calling "The Space age Big Stainless Steel Egg"  aka my microwave. 

I think it came out decent for only 25 min ... no need to check the time by cross referencing the clocks in the pictures (I change them up all the time) 

I forgot to take a pic of the veggies before I nuked them, tossed them in a little EVVO and some Swamp venom (wasn't crazy about the veggies still got to work on those) 

Everything came out really good.
Thanks to all the inspirations from my fellow although arcaic (cooking over open flame is dangerous) fellow back yard BBQ brethren.

Thanks for the look

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I've got to get a new microwave. You nailed that one pirate. It even has grill marks! 
    Snellville, GA

• PirateBill
    Options
    I've got to get a new microwave. You nailed that one pirate. It even has grill marks! 
    hahaha the grill marks come with plenty of practice! 

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What is this sorcery!?!?!?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great looking marbeling on those steaks. That is a magical box you have there to turn your artichokes into brussel sprouts. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    You must have one of those newfangled convection microwave ovens like me. I hear they make a mean sear.... Beautiful cook.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• PirateBill
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great looking marbeling on those steaks. That is a magical box you have there to turn your artichokes into brussel sprouts. 
    Hahaha, too many adult beverages last night wile I was waiting for the steaks to sear (5 min is a long time for new technology)!  told you I needed practice on the veggie part, step one: know what the veggies are step two: ? step three: profit. 

I lucked out on the steaks the local grocer  had his refrigeration unit go out shortly before I went in to get beer and chips and they were literally giving meat away, word traveled and I was lucky to get in on the action. Guys were leaving with shopping carts full of random cuts, grocer said it was better than throwing it away. 

- Calico Jack Rackham

• PirateBill
    Options
    What is this sorcery!?!?!?
    Its not Sorcery it is technology! Just remember that once you are done to store your microwave in the crawlspace as the gov can use it as a listening device. 

- Calico Jack Rackham