Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Trade Up??

B747crewB747crew Posts: 156
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
I just purchased an unused L that, as I say, has never had a fire in it ... it's perfect. I wonder if there is anyone who has recently purchased an XL who finds it a bit to large that would like to trade even up?

Comments

• B747crewB747crew Posts: 156
    bump

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,531
    I'd see if the dealer would take it back 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,518
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,354
    Let me see....... I don't think so.........
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bikesAndBBQbikesAndBBQ Posts: 215
    So this is a large that you bought used or a new large that you bought and didn't use?  This sounds pretty one sided but maybe some pictures of this used or new never used egg would help?  To have any takers on this I'd think you'd have to post pictures and sweeten the deal a decent amount more. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,883
    I have a "like new" green chiminea I'll trade you straight up for. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• billt01billt01 Posts: 827
    @B747crew

better offer up some cash too...

The natives will kill you around here...
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
    LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ReltserwReltserw Posts: 45
    Don't ask, don't get. I applaud your bravery. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,518
    Maybe the OP can find another Billy in 4C 

Jesus .... I'm glad I brought so much joy into everyones life.  Actually I figured a trade for a NEW L wouldn't  be a bad deal for someones USED XL that doesn't use it as much as they thought they would. Not so much I gather  MY BAD!

• OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 490
    B747crew said:
    Jesus .... I'm glad I brought so much joy into everyones life.  Actually I figured a trade for a NEW L wouldn't  be a bad deal for someones USED XL that doesn't use it as much as they thought they would. Not so much I gather  MY BAD!
    I think maybe the part you forgot is that Eggs have such an amazing warranty because they pretty much last forever. New or 10 years old? Not really much difference IMHO.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
    edited May 2017
    OhioEgger said:
    B747crew said:
    I think maybe the part you forgot is that Eggs have such an amazing warranty because they pretty much last forever. New or 10 years old? Not really much difference IMHO.
    What I ACTUALLY  forgot was that they eat everything including their young in here...  LOL

• LitLit Posts: 7,064
    I've got a $50 bill that I will trade you for $100 even up?
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,432
    @b747crew Why do you want to get rid of the large? I use my  way more than my XL.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 520
    how much cash do you want for the large.  PM if your interested in selling it.

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

td66snrf said:
    @b747crew Why do you want to get rid of the large? I use my  way more than my XL.
    I cook for my church group every other weekend

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,834
    Lit said:
    Is the $50 used or new?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• LitLit Posts: 7,064
    Lit said:
    Is the $50 used or new?
    It's weird it looks like it's been rolled up before.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,174
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SoCalTimSoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    @B747crew  PM sent
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,806
    Y'all are sooooo mean.   I'm going to go do some coloring.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,934

New large for a used xl?  I wouldn't make that trade, but the suggestion is within reason.  

Seems about half the forum has their knickers twisted today.  

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,073
    My knickers are perfectly straight. Effe you all. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • If I had a used XL that did not have a warranty I'd trade for a new large with a warranty in a heartbeat.
    Snellville, GA

• People are just looking for reasons to get worked up or give someone a hard time around here. 
    Snellville, GA