Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Birthday Dinner

Options
When it's your birthday...but you have to start eating vegetables or you will die.

Reverse seared bone in pork chops with a Mango-Cayenne glaze. Brussel sprouts and watermelon with balsamic reduction, grilled artichoke with a garlic butter sauce...

and for dessert...

(In the words of Doc Holiday in Tombstone, "my hypocrisy only goes so far")

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great looking spread brother. Love grilled artichoke. Need more info on the mango glaze. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Chokes, sprouts, watermelon, balsamic drizzle...oh and just a small 3/4 lb chop on the side.  I like how you roll. 

Happy birfday brother! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,399
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Happy birthday friend.

Looks great. I've also got a bottle of that Bib and Tucker. I like it, but to my palate, it tastes much more like a rye than a bourbon.

Love the CAO Brazilia too.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    When it's your birthday...but you have to start eating vegetables or you will die.

Reverse seared bone in pork chops with a Mango-Cayenne glaze. Brussel sprouts and watermelon with balsamic reduction, grilled artichoke with a garlic butter sauce...

and for dessert...

(In the words of Doc Holiday in Tombstone, "my hypocrisy only goes so far")

I'm your Huckelberry 

I have two guns,  one for each of you!

Love that movie.  Happy birthday. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Fantastic!!  On every level brother.  Happy birthday.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options

Just my take on the more vegetables or die statement!! Happy Birthday!!
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Little Rock, AR

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Hntnhrd oh there was bacon. This was breakfast. Pulled pork and bacon, sweet potato pancakes. Over easy egg and some potatoes and onions. 

Its not the meat. It's all the unnecessary calories. My recent menu has looked like a marathon of diners, drive ins and dives. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Very nice birthday cook!  Looks like you made it a good one.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations I am allergic to rye (yeah college was a horrible learning experiment) so I LOVE it! 

@bgebrent this meal was a WWBD (What Would Brent Do). Preggo said no seafood. I was shooting for oysters and green lightning shrimp. 

South of Nashville, TN