Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any Fresh Thyme shoppers?

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
I think Davenport is #59, based out of Downers Grove, IL.
Any Midwestern eggheads shop at one?

Saw in an ad their natural fryers are $0.99/lb....not bad.
The handmade sausage may be worth a look too. 
First place to carry the Boar's Head line at the deli.

Was thinking of paying a visit soon.

Seems like quality stuff.  
Any tips, recommendations, bargains, much appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333
    They just opened one in Btown but we haven't checked it out yet. We a Lucky's market here, and Fresh Thyme is very similar to it... So we've heard 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    we had one in West Lafayette, IN when we lived there last year.  we found good deals on stuff, veggies and things.  I bought a few cuts of meat and some bacon from them with good results.  in my opinion, shop the sales and the other stuff is overpriced.  I would ask them what day there ad ends because one day is what they call double ad day where you can shop both the ending and the starting ad for one day gives you more options for your trip there.  the one thing is the meat counter, if there is a cut you want and cant find locally they can usually get it quickly and decent prices.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Very over priced in my area, but their sales items are worthwhile
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    A much more affordable alternative to Whole Foods. Our local store has great bacon and sausages. I still get my steaks, briskets, etc. at Costco
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Never even heard of it, but doesn't at least one Kroger in your market carry Boar's Head products? There are very few BH meats and cheeses I don't like! Packaged BH is ok, but I love to ask for fresh sliced at the deli. BTW I always specify a number 2 setting on their slicers whether it be cheeses or their various ham slices for a terrific quick mid-day sandwich! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    There's one about a mile from our house. Sausages are hit and miss, though fun to try. They sometimes have lobster tails on sale for $3.99 each. Chicken often is on sale. I honestly can't tell a difference in taste, so if I buy chicken there, it's solely because of the price.

The thing I like best about our Fresh Thyme is it's four doors down from Duck Donuts.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited May 2017
    Their ribs suck. Even for $1.99/lb
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Still not getting it - so is this chain somewhere between Aldi and Fresh Market or on par with Cub, Kroger or what? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.