Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Vacuum sealer

Options
After 8 years, my vacuum sealer is no more...... Any recommendations on a good vacuum sealer? Thanks!

Comments

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    if you got 8 years out of one, i would be looking for the same one
    doesn't exist! haha.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Get a basic flat food saver. I have an upright model that's automatic. It's a PITA. You've got a lot more control with the regular issue foodsavers. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Miked125 said:
    if you got 8 years out of one, i would be looking for the same one
    doesn't exist! haha.
    i get a year out of them, my advice is to find a cheap disposable one. i have the cabelas stainless one now, hate it, you need three hands to make it work, this one will probably last me because i avoid using it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CanadianAnvil
    CanadianAnvil Posts: 226
    Options
    I have a VP 215 and we love it. Bags are super cheap, it'll suck a golf ball through a garden hose. We processed 2 a month ago and you can seal as fast as you can bag stuff. 

The only down side is it's huge and what you want to seal has to fit in the chamber. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Get whatever Costco has. I bought my first one there and when it quit I just exchanged it for a new one. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser