Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ok, ready for production with all this stuff

Options
Wife got the shelving for me for  birthday a few days ago.  Previously i had all this stuff stored in various scattered locations around the house

The bge started all of this...

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I think we all feel your pain. So Much Stuff!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Cooking has developed into a passion.  When momma complains i spend too much on this stuff i ask if shed rather have me blow a bunch of coin on golf clubs and greens fees and not have me around every saturday.  She then backs down and she doesnt know that i hate playing golf ;-) 

But everything on this shelf set gets used multiple times a year..woks, proofing boxes, meat lugs, grinder, stuffers, vac sealer, scales, pyrex no knead dough covered containers, sous vide, knife sharpener, butcher paper and the gurus and the dutch ovens

I use it all to make a variety of awesome foods, most if not all, cooked on the big green egg....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Cooking has developed into a passion.  When momma complains i spend too much on this stuff i ask if shed rather have me blow a bunch of coin on golf clubs and greens fees and not have me around every saturday.  She then backs down and she doesnt know that i hate playing golf ;-) 

But everything on this shelf set gets used multiple times a year..woks, proofing boxes, meat lugs, grinder, stuffers, vac sealer, scales, pyrex no knead dough covered containers, sous vide, knife sharpener, butcher paper and the gurus and the dutch ovens

I use it all to make a variety of awesome foods, most if not all, cooked on the big green egg....
    BGE was a gateway to cooking for me too.  I love my eggs, but they have just become another tool for me.

If momma knew golf would get me out of the house every Saturday/Sunday, she would probably buy me a set of vlubs ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Green Egg- the gateway drug to cooking!

Momma likes me around as i help watch the boys, their buddies and i do a lot of work around the house....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I can relate.  Looks like you have a nice solution.  Congrats 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Already full. 

Gonna need a bigger grate. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    watch out, the women folk have a way of saying they did it for us when reality is......they did for themselves..............lol

happy belated Bday.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options

You sir are my hero.. I started a learning to cook thread today as it is becoming a passion for me too.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Super assortment of good looking gear!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • westernbbq
    Options
    tjv said:
    watch out, the women folk have a way of saying they did it for us when reality is......they did for themselves..............lol

happy belated Bday.

t
    thanks Tom!   I want the mm boys  to host another event in Texas so i can get over to Denton!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

You sir are my hero.. I started a learning to cook thread today as it is becoming a passion for me too.

I've thought it would be interesting to have a "show us your gear" themed thread.  Then I thought it would be best not show everything in the light of day.  Not sure any of us want to acknowledge the ridiculousness of our collections.  Why do I need 6 dutch ovens? why do I have an industrial french fry cutter etc etc.
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blasting said:

I've thought it would be interesting to have a "show us your gear" themed thread.  Then I thought it would be best not show everything in the light of day.  Not sure any of us want to acknowledge the ridiculousness of our collections.  Why do I need 6 dutch ovens? why do I have an industrial french fry cutter etc etc.
    Shhhhh!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @SaintJohnsEgger, thanks Brothaman.  I hope you shape your culinary skills beyond imagination.   Honestly, this website forum has contributed more to my cooking skill than all the shows and books ive spent countless hours on.  Since getting the bge this is what ive done that i never imagined possible:  guru assisted smoked brisket, pork shoulder, home made sausage, sourdough bread, scratch made pizza dough that is ridiculous, smoked cheese, unbelievable steaks, spatch chicken, wok fried veggies and noodles, perfect shrimp, scallops and seared fish, prime rib, baby back pork ribs, incredible burgers from beef and turkey that i ground up, sous vide temperature perfection, and so many more items i lose track.

the meat grinder, sausage stuffers (2), sous vide sansaire, knife sharpener,  proofing boxes, 12 qt pyrex mixing containers, dutch ovens, woks, butcher paper, immersion mixer, woks, multigrid cgs systems, minimax, guru setups, coming smobot setups, and vacuum sealer all contribute to the enjoyment i get out of making awesome food.   

Now, ive been eyeing up that french fry potato slicer that LEM has in its new product offerings section.....dutch oven french fries amd eggplant on bge sounds like awesomeness

• westernbbq
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    blasting said:

Shhhhh!
    You need more Dutch Ovens!   Theyll come in handy when you have to bake a bunch of bread, sear steaks, roast potatoes and fry steak frites.   Must have more , you can never have too much of the dutch!