Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alternative Surf and Turf Lunch

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Egged a couple Aussie loin lamb chops to MR on the MM.  Seared sea scallops that went into a bacon cream sauce using Benton's bacon.  The scallop dish was Nichole's idea and creation.  This was fantastic!  Thanks for looking.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    damn brother you're killing me.  looks incredible.  don't they need you back at work???
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Awesome!!!!

Little Rock, AR

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dude! Must work from home?  Lunch looks like a winner to me Brent. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Homie is killing it lately!!!!!
    Nice job.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Dude! Must work from home?  

• bgebrent
    Options
    LOL!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Egged a couple Aussie loin lamb chops to MR on the MM.  Seared sea scallops that went into a bacon cream sauce using Benton's bacon.  The scallop dish was Nichole's idea and creation.  This was fantastic!  Thanks for looking.

Brent, you continue to out do yourself. You two eat very well!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks amazing...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Nice job, dude 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Brother B that is a great looking plate of food!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • flatwounds
    flatwounds Posts: 129
    Options
    Wow!
    LBGE
    Nashville, TN. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks delicious. The color on the chops is nice. You just forgot the shot off the deck over the water...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Like the look of that cook Brent! The internals of that MM look so clean. When are you going to gunk 'er up with some pig fat, etc.?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Like the look of that cook Brent! The internals of that MM look so clean. When are you going to gunk 'er up with some pig fat, etc.?
    Excellent question!  Did two 8# butts on the large today.  Need to indoctrinate the MM.
  • bgebrent
    Options

Brother B that is a great looking plate of food!!
    Thank you my friend!
  • bgebrent
    Options

SciAggie said:
    That looks delicious. The color on the chops is nice. You just forgot the shot off the deck over the water...
    Thanks bro.  I got the shot, don't want to wear it out.

• bgebrent
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Nice job, dude 
    Thank you brother!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @bgebrent - lake level looking great.  What lake you hiding out on?  Corps of Engineers managing the level/flow or just the number of yuge yachts in the water...  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - lake level looking great.  What lake you hiding out on?  Corps of Engineers managing the level/flow or just the number of yuge yachts in the water...  =)
    It's all about the angle of the the shot Cap.  We're still 8' down but moving in the right direction.  Lake Lanier, Corps in charge.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    When you recently mentioned rain and a + 2 feet rise I knew mother nature had some help.  Thanks.
    BTW- the angle doesn't play much in the far field shore-line shots.  Regardless, a beautiful setting and escape.  Continue to enjoy and crank out those groceries.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    That's one hell of a combo !!! Fack I love scallops 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    When you recently mentioned rain and a + 2 feet rise I knew mother nature had some help.  Thanks.
    BTW- the angle doesn't play much in the far field shore-line shots.  Regardless, a beautiful setting and escape.  Continue to enjoy and crank out those groceries.  

Thanks Cap!  You are correct.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    That's one hell of a combo !!! Fack I love scallops 
    Thanks man!  Best lunch I've had in a while for sure.  The bacon and cream with the scallops...might make that for breakfast.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    bgebrent said:

SciAggie said:

My friend that doesn't get old. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:

SciAggie said:

Thank you brother!  Come cook here with me one day.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:

SciAggie said:

Don't worry. He takes full advantage. He must work like, 8 hrs a week or something. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:

SciAggie said:

Don't worry. He takes full advantage. He must work like, 8 hrs a week or something. 
    Did take a week off, thanks.  Will carpet float on lake water?   Hope you can visit and answer the question.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Just don't hurt yourself. Mix the work in where you can. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Just don't hurt yourself. Mix the work in where you can. 
    Gasping LOL!