Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question

Options
SaintJohnsEgger
SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
If all goes well I plan to get a MM from Wassi at the Eggfest this weekend. But that is about 140 miles from where I live. So, my question is about what happens if I need warranty work. Can I go through any BGE dealer? I have two within 3 miles of home. Are most BGE dealers okay with handling warranty work for Eggs bought elsewhere? 
Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
MiniMax 04/17
Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    You *should* be able to as any dealer can submit warranty claims.  That being said, some are less than eager to help non-customers--especially if you window shop there or haggled on the price, then bought somewhere else.  There was one mentioned on the board that was charging a "handling" fee for warranty parts......that got taken care of quickly.    Usually warranty replacement parts would be ordered for you on the dealer's next order.  I keep a few parts in stock, but I wouldn't give those to a non-customer--they would have to pay the shipping or wait until the next order.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I know the dealer I use here does just as @stlcharcoal says. I bought my XL from an Eggfest in Florida. The dealer near me is in Texarkana. I am waiting for the next order to replace my bottom base. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    have had problems in the past from this, got an email from bruce at bge and that fixed the problem the first time. the last couple times i contacted the local distributor and they shipped to a dealer that was receiving parts already that week to reduce the wait. alot of the bge places are seasonal up here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I bought my LBGE from my local Ace Hardware and already had one warranty claim for new bands. They handled that graciously. Maybe they will o the same for the MM
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    How times have changed policy wise with BGE corporate. My dealer used to be able to carry a good inventory of replacement parts. You walked in with a problem and walked out with the replacement part. His inventory dried up when corporate stopped letting dealers order parts for inventory. Plus they clamped down and started requiring you to take the broken pieces to your dealer to show them and some even required trade in of the broken part for the warranty replacement!  Then that policy relaxed and a picture would suffice. But maintaining an inventory on hand no longer is doable and now you wait for their next order or pay for shipment.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.