Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FOGO for Canadians

bigalsworth
bigalsworth Posts: 685
edited April 2017 in Forum List
Hey fellow Canadians, what bombing around on the FOGO website I found a link to dickson bbq in Ontario which is selling the 35lb 17lb bag of FOGO at a launch promo price of $35 with two bag $10 shipping anywhere in Canada.

http://www.dicksonbbq.com/fogo-super-premium-charcoal.html

I used to get my FOGO from amazon, but its somewhere around $100 a bag now so if you like FOGO this would be a great option.  I am going to pick up two bags for sure.

EDIT: at $35 for 17lbs I might just stick with maple leaf which is a hell of a lot cheaper and excellent lump.
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Not for me ... Can get the same Canadian made for $19.  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I love Fogo but at $2 lb no thanks. I bought several bags from Amazon as well and have been watching religiously. Pellets were cheap there too at one time too. Now not so much.
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    edited April 2017
    my first purchase of 35 lb FOGO from amazon was $30 and then the next purchase price I did went up to $50, it is now at $115.

I won't pay $2 per lb but if it came below $1.40 or I would get a couple bags, they are nice to have for long cooks.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    I jumped on that deal a couple of months back and after shipping and taxes one bag came to around $50. It was nice for longer cooks but I am happy with my Canadian made Maple Leaf for about $20/bag (that I can by at Canadian Tire in town). 
    I will add that Dickson BBQ have been very good to me and they are awesome to deal with. Definatley my "go-to" for rubs, sauces and anything BGE related.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Maple Leaf lump for me. Thanks for the heads up but I'm good with local Home Hardware. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.