Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiminea

Options
@jeremiah, I have been watching your quest for some time now.  I may have a solution for you to entertain.  I'm willing to part with my chiminea as I am making some adjustments to my egg family via addition by subtraction.  Let's connect and bounce some ideas off each other, maybe kill a couple birds with one stone...
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wardster said:
    @jeremiah, I have been watching your quest for some time now.  I may have a solution for you to entertain.  I'm willing to part with my chiminea as I am making some adjustments to my egg family via addition by subtraction.  Let's connect and bounce some ideas off each other, maybe kill a couple birds with one stone...
    It might take him a few days to get his vision and ability to post back. He had his butt blasted you know.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Roger that!!!  I've kinda been saving this thing for him anyway....
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Wardster said:
    Roger that!!!  I've kinda been saving this thing for him anyway....
    That is very kind of you! Of all the guys wanting a BGE chiminea enough to give their left nut for it then @jeremiah is the winner! =) But, if he doesn't want it for reasons only private to the two of you then please offer it up to the forum members here next before listing on CL. OK? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Hope this works out to the satisfaction (and safe transport) of both parties.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Wardster said:
    I will give you $15 more than whatever @Jeremiah agrees too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I will give you $15 more than whatever @Jeremiah agrees too.
    And I will give $25 more than @Ozzie_Isaac 's offer to get it to @Jeremiah

Just kidding with the offer. I know @Jeremiah really, really wants one, and it sounds like you are getting the deal which you want. So for the both of you, I hope it works out
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    edited April 2017
    Options

Ill give ya tree fiddy ... final offer.

And I bet that @Jeremiah isn't even the real Jeremiah Johnson ...

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Congrats @Jeremiah Welcome to the Chimina Club!
    And the 10" Hi-Que KJ Classic grate fits well for a bottom grate. That info thanks to @sancho65 William.

And my new quest is to find a Blue one!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • kevfran99
    Options
    Put me down for one too
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RRP said:
    A note for the buffalo to take back to HQ - why not at least make a special run of say 200 or 300 of these and offer them up thru the dealerships? There is clearly an interest out there! I mean do it before competition does and eats your lunch again!
    I'll start the list - put me down for one!
    The fun and appeal is the hunt. BGE stopped making them for a reason, they did not sell. Can you imagine what the retail price would be on a small run of a couple hundred?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    RRP said:
    A note for the buffalo to take back to HQ - why not at least make a special run of say 200 or 300 of these and offer them up thru the dealerships? There is clearly an interest out there! I mean do it before competition does and eats your lunch again!
    The fun and appeal is the hunt. BGE stopped making them for a reason, they did not sell. Can you imagine what the retail price would be on a small run of a couple hundred?
    I hear you, Darian. I was a bean counter by profession and I understand costs of doing business. I also know successful businesses will take risks rolling out new or in this case a discontinued product. That is why I suggested doing a limited run (at Mexican labor rates that BGE seem to enjoy) to have them available for special ordering for those who want one and are willing to pay. I understand the thrill of the hunt, but like the unicorn the used BGE chiminea seems to be a mythical creature at best. Oh well, it doesn't appear that my appeal of pay to play in this thread has much interest - so far anyway! 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I plan to enjoy @Jeremiah 's . Is there a road trip in the making?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    I too would pay for one, but I'm not holding my breath.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    This sounds like a great opportunity for some more  "innovation" from Kamado Joe. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    This sounds like a great opportunity for some more  "innovation" from Kamado Joe. :)
    That was my point about someone else eating their lunch!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For anyone who may be interested, there is one available in my area (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada).....

Big Green Egg Chimnea on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bbq-outdoor-cooking/ottawa/big-green-egg-chimnea/1258300409?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    And do it before the border tax hits.   That'll be another 10%
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For anyone who may be interested, there is one available in my area (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada).....

Big Green Egg Chimnea on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bbq-outdoor-cooking/ottawa/big-green-egg-chimnea/1258300409?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms
    I should mention it's only $75 CAD.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does this little thing heat up any significant area?  Or is it more of a pocket square matching the tie novelty.  

Do you guys that have a chiminea cook on it?

What's the advantage over a pit?

@Jeremiah,
    You got any crunched Metros or rally rims lying around?
    https://youtu.be/3MfnfRGzfkk
    https://youtu.be/aeyuiODWqys
    Been wanting to do this with tractor trailer rims for a pit in the backyard.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Focker, to answer your question... yes. 
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Focker said:
    Does this little thing heat up any significant area?  Or is it more of a pocket square matching the tie novelty.  

Do you guys that have a chiminea cook on it?

What's the advantage over a pit?

@Jeremiah,
    You got any crunched Metros or rally rims lying around?
    https://youtu.be/3MfnfRGzfkk
    https://youtu.be/aeyuiODWqys
    Been wanting to do this with tractor trailer rims for a pit in the backyard.
    Its green, its cool, and its rare.  If you have to ask you won't understand.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @chuckytheegghead: At the time of my posting, it was still up. Went fast (which isn't surprising at $75!). 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    @chuckytheegghead: At the time of my posting, it was still up. Went fast (which isn't surprising at $75!). 
    Yeah. That's a steal. You should have grabbed it. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Yeah. That's a steal. You should have grabbed it. 
    @chuckytheegghead: I thought about it, but the condition of the chiminea was hard to discern from the ad (which seemed to indicate the glaze was missing in portions) and my yard is perhaps not the most conducive to open flames. 
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Glad I wasn't a drowning man as the lifesavers thrown were so few! Guess I will shut up and never suggest this idea again! Might as well spend FAR less money for an on ground stone fire pit to sit around. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Glad I wasn't a drowning man as the lifesavers thrown were so few! Guess I will shut up and never suggest this idea again! Might as well spend FAR less money for an on ground stone fire pit to sit around. 
    Nope, your idea caught on.  I know of one member who already contacted HQ.